• Never smoked

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Ex-smoker

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Smoker

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Jeltz said:
The phrase "giving up" implies sacrifice!

In truth extricating oneself from a drug dependency isn't much of a sacrifice; the positives (health, wealth and control) far outweigh any negatives.

I firmly believe that the key to being a content ex-smoker is to let go of the idea that you are depriving yourself. You're not, you've just stopped poisoning yourself, after all the 2nd usage of nicotine is as an insecticide, sure you got the occasional buzz but most of the time smoking was just a relief from the bodies desire to maintain sufficient nicotine levels. You can experience similar relief by drinking a litre of tea before a long car journey, when you reach your destination and finally get to have a slash its just as good!

You know, instead of thinking about stuff that deeply, you could try sex !

Andsomebodyspoke said:
You know, instead of thinking about stuff that deeply, you could try sex !
And then what?

If you haven't gotten your head round the idea of not smoking any more you have sex then miss the post coital smoke :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:

I am not an ex-smoker, I am just having a rest from smoking..................maybe in a week/month/year/decade.............I will stop having a rest and start again..........I'm keeping my options open............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

never have smoked, never will. It's vile.

I'm incredibly sensitive to cigarette smoke, flares up my allergies something chronic. I can even smell it in my car, if the person in front is smoking with their window open.

my controversial opinion is, that the only socially acceptable place to smoke, is in your own house, with the doors and windows shut. You breathe it by all means, don't ask anyone else to have to. Nothing worse than walking behind someone in the street who is smoking.

This whole smoking ban, which has forced people to smoke outside, now just means that instead of sitting inside in a smoke filled environment, I now have the chicken run through a thick cloud of smoke, just outside the door of the pub.

Given that we know how harmful smoking is, not just in terms of increased cancer risk (and level of aggression) but also with heart disease and respiratory problems (C.O.P.D.) I can't see why there hasn't been an international move to ban smoking and tobacco products.

If it were discovered today it would never be legal, my guess is that the tax revenue and power of the tobacco companies is what's preventing governments from trying. However I feel we are letting down future generations by allowing its continued sale.

shrink said:
my controversial opinion is, that the only socially acceptable place to smoke, is in your own house, with the doors and windows shut. You breathe it by all means, don't ask anyone else to have to. Nothing worse than walking behind someone in the street who is smoking.

This whole smoking ban, which has forced people to smoke outside, now just means that instead of sitting inside in a smoke filled environment, I now have the chicken run through a thick cloud of smoke, just outside the door of the pub.

Hear hear! Too often we are subjected to the fresh country smell of Benson & Hedges.

shrink said:
never have smoked, never will. It's vile.

I'm incredibly sensitive to cigarette smoke, flares up my allergies something chronic. I can even smell it in my car, if the person in front is smoking with their window open.

Personally I agree and the sam applies to alcohol as well !

Back
Top Bottom