Do you care where your bristles come from

Hooves and scissors was in reference to the "care and hygiene" of those horses. If it was necessary, they would have evolved to do it themselves. We come up with acceptable phrases to justify our habits. In the end, these animals would all prefer to be left alone ... and certainly not displaced from their natural habitats to make way for a factory that will churn out synthetic brushes.

Horses are raised for meat in Europe so the hair must come from these animals. Horses are groomed by their owners or stables so its extremely unlikely that this hair would be collected up & sent off to the maker. You would need hundreds of stables signed up to achieve the required quantity. Also hair from grooming is going to be of poorer quality.
That's right..They breed Horses like we breed Cattle for Meat..Most folks over here don't know how big that is over there..Most Europeans have long known that Cow meat is hard to digest and is not healthy to consume in large amounts..It can lay in the intestinal tract for weeks festering away...o_O

Billy

Last edited:
Hooves and scissors was in reference to the "care and hygiene" of those horses. If it was necessary, they would have evolved to do it themselves. We come up with acceptable phrases to justify our habits. In the end, these animals would all prefer to be left alone ... and certainly not displaced from their natural habitats to make way for a factory that will churn out synthetic brushes.
So could you then apply this doctrine to domesticated dogs, distant ancestors of the wolf? If so, then I don't need to brush him, can send him out to fetch his own dinner (Farmers don't mind losing the occasional sheep after all....), no need for walkies or affection or health checks at the Vet. Sorry Paul, but what a pile of pish your post is, sir. Gentlemanly behaviour is all very well but sometimes I feel it is best just to say it as you see it.

As for horse brushes, I've tried two and no ta very much. Badger or Boar for me as, like Nishy, I like the traditional aspect of this hobby. My Omega synthetic is not a patch on either and yon Kent Silvertex was just plain poo so if I was thinking of shelling out good money for another brush, I'd get myself another Simpsons in Best. I do regret selling my Colonel on here a while back.

I've seen the video referred to in Mr Mueller's email and it wasn't nice. The animals being processed were racoon dogs which they farm. Who knows for sure how the badgers are caught and treated? All I know is I can't really believe badgers are treated any better than dogs or other creatures unfortunate enough to be caught over there.

We need a veterinary opinion, how fast do horses manes & tails grow?
If were talking about cut lengths like a hair cut rather than grooming then horses hair would have to grow real fast to meat the demand.
I was surprised to learn that Omega boar hair comes from China. You would think with all the boar & horse meat farms in Italy that hairs could come from there..

We need a veterinary opinion, how fast do horses manes & tails grow?
If were talking about cut lengths like a hair cut rather than grooming then horses hair would have to grow real fast to meat the demand.
I was surprised to learn that Omega boar hair comes from China. You would think with all the boar & horse meat farms in Italy that hairs could come from there..
Maybe horse mane and tail hair is like my underarm and pubic hair - I trim some off and it grows back - but doesn't seem to grow any more once it has reached it's normal length again.:)

Back
Top Bottom