Currently eating....

Haha! Yeah, rabbit ... I ate it a good few times. In fact, I made Maltese Rabbit Stew just the other week. Octopus as well, boy, I couldn't get enough of that when we were there! Absolutely loved it and booked again immediately when got home, so a couple of weeks at the end of August this year.

I've got chicken livers in the fridge right now for Curried Livers in the morning. I don't breakfast through the week, but do like to at weekends.

Northam Saint said:
joe mcclaine said:
Introducing my youngest (15) to Butterscotch Angel Delight.

Layer it with chocolate Angel Delight, even better chopped up Mars bar mixed in before it sets. Choc angel delight with tinned pears is s cub camp favourite !!!
Our cub camp fav back in the day was eggy bread

pjgh said:
Haha! Yeah, rabbit ... I ate it a good few times. In fact, I made Maltese Rabbit Stew just the other week. Octopus as well, boy, I couldn't get enough of that when we were there! Absolutely loved it and booked again immediately when got home, so a couple of weeks at the end of August this year.

I've got chicken livers in the fridge right now for Curried Livers in the morning. I don't breakfast through the week, but do like to at weekends.
Thought that might be your Choice. We went for local dishes too, now do B & B only,so we can explore in the evenings. Trying Majorca this Year, Staying in the Capital,rather than a plastic resort.

joe mcclaine said:

Oh for God's sake, it's just some regular old instant pudding,

Hadda look that up. I was expecting something other than butterscotch pudding. Plus, it's made from a powder. You see the ingredients? Aack!I

There's nothing like pudding made from scratch. Real basic and pure ingredients that uses a little bit of chemistry magic to help set things right. I will include a recipe for this stuff. You will find the prep time is almost exactly the same....almost.

My ex wife bakes things....that's her deal. One of the top requests is cream puffs. You like that kinda dough? Like an eclair.....hollow inside and brown and crispy outside. I love that myself.

She would load those up with fresh whipped cream and either vanilla or chocolate pudding made from eggs and butter and unsweetened chocolate and cream and real vanilla....stuff like that. Jeeez, I am salivating like Pavlov's Pomeranian.

Here's the recipe that takes almost no time at all. You could probably prepare it standing on only one foot.

http://eggbeater.typepad.com/shuna/2006/12/butterscotch_pu.html

dodgy said:
joe mcclaine said:

Oh for God's sake, it's just some regular old instant pudding,

Hadda look that up. I was expecting something other than butterscotch pudding. Plus, it's made from a powder. You see the ingredients? Aack!I

There's nothing like pudding made from scratch. Real basic and pure ingredients that uses a little bit of chemistry magic to help set things right. I will include a recipe for this stuff. You will find the prep time is almost exactly the same....almost.

My ex wife bakes things....that's her deal. One of the top requests is cream puffs. You like that kinda dough? Like an eclair.....hollow inside and brown and crispy outside. I love that myself.

She would load those up with fresh whipped cream and either vanilla or chocolate pudding made from eggs and butter and unsweetened chocolate and cream and real vanilla....stuff like that. Jeeez, I am salivating like Pavlov's Pomeranian.

Here's the recipe that takes almost no time at all. You could probably prepare it standing on only one foot.

http://eggbeater.typepad.com/shuna/2006/12/butterscotch_pu.html

While it's powder the main ingredient is Milk, which is good for you, that makes it "healthy". Also there is a certain skill, measuring out the milk accurately and mixing it to avoid lumps. Not convinced ???? No nor am I, it's crap but sometimes a little crap goes down well.

Here's an even quicker recipe: Posset.

Double cream, sugar and lemon juice. Bring cream to the boil, add sugar and boil for a minute or so to dissolve the sugar. Squeeze in lemon juice. Pour into ramekins and settle in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. Eat and enjoy! Like sweet, sour clotted cream. Too gorgeous :D

Tonight, I have mostly been eating ... TOSTADA!

DSC08351.JPG

Hiya,

So, how bout them shortbread butter cookies like what Walkers makes. Kind of dense crumbly texture with plenty of butter flavor. Those type of cookies are pretty tasty to me.

Recently while shopping I saw a brand I hadn't heard of, a local company as it turned out to be. Three large cookies in a see through plastic package with a very plain label.

Holy crap, these are pretty wonderful.

Mac and Cheese (sainsbury's pastas, home made béchamel, nutmeg, emmenthal)

img-2013.jpg

French strawberry cake (cut strawberries, crème mousseline, which is a more refine custard, génoise/sponge cake), I put grilled almonds on the top instead of marzipan.

img-2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom