Closed 'Complete' Pass Around - Russian Adjustable 'Black Jack' DE Razor

Surprisingly, the plane looks even better than the razor...
tupolev_tu160_blackjack.jpg

... but I doubt if it's as well built...:p

Apologies for the lack of updates.

I have been using this razor for a about a week with various blades - Astra SP's, Polsilver SI's and Gillette Yellows.

I have yet to get a bad shave from it. It is a mild razor but not as mild as the original.
The sweet spot for me is No 7. DFS easily in 3 passes with no irritation.

Although not as well built as the original (by a small margin) I am going to go out on a limb and say I actually prefer this one over the BB.

I found the BB to be a lot milder and couldn't get a decent shave on anything less than 9.

Would I buy one?

If I didn't have so many high end razors, then yes. It's a very good razor for a bargain price.

It will be posted to Andy on monday with a couple of extra soaps and some blades.

There are some decent soaps to try as well. I'll post a full list later and hopefully get some more on the pass around.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try it.

Thanks for the comprehensive update Kul!

Yes, we are beginning to get a clear picture - this Rooskie isn't a bad razor at all. Certainly, it can give a decent shave.

If anyone else wants to add their name to the list, please feel free to do so.

Razor posted today.

Forgot to put some blades in and forgot to do an inventory of the soap.

Added some Proraso Green and some TOBS Eton College samples.

Great razor, thanks for the opportunity to try it.

The black Jack is a good razor which I could find a place for in my man cave. I don't feel the grip on the handle is quite as secure in the hand as my original black beauty which also feels a bit more solid overall Gillette certainly built it's razors to last my 59 fatboy is testiment too this.

I also enjoyed testing some of the soap's provided of which xpec could make it on to my shopping list

Back
Top Bottom