Closed 'Complete' Pass Around - Russian Adjustable 'Black Jack' DE Razor

Ok so I said I'd try it on different settings for today's shave, that went out the window straight away, number 7 it was for all and didn't feel harsh or aggressive at all. I did find I missed a bit on one of the passes where the angle was slightly off but soon rectified. I think there is a small sweet spot for this razor and maybe why I like more blade on show as it allows for greater tolerances for angles?

The handle would do with a little more weight as head heavy and feels a little too plastic in the hand, that said, it's not slippery when wet or soapy fingers are holding it.

Another nice irritation free shave. A little better than yesterday as it's been a while since using a DE that I mixed up the passes a little bit meaning not as close as should have been.
IMG_20150903_074846_1.jpg

Skipped yesterday in favour for a straight.

Again a nice comfy shave on 9 for 2 passes, impressed with the result thus far. Razor is easy enough to handle and manoeuvre round the face and not scary at all.

Xpec
Simms boar brush
Russian Adjustable (setting 9)
Shark blade (1)
Hai Karate AS
Nivea post shave balm
IMG_20150905_064815_1.jpg

I can at least say I tried it mid dial on the first pass but quickly reverted to 9 on the 2nd pass as felt too much like my old Gillette Slim Twist. I found that too be inefficientso didn't want to buffing through 3 passes, when cranked up finished it in 2.

The MLS Drunken Goat sure does have a unique scent, one that I enjoy. Probably not an every day shave scent or one in a large never ending tub sized soap, but unique and pleasant none the less. The density and slickness of the MLS is great and holds its own against some well known higher end soaps or creams.
Depending on the mood post night shift tomorrow morning whether I shave again or not I may use it one last time before it gets cleaned and sent to Kul later that day.

IMG_20150906_092546.jpg

MLSW is indeed a great performer, shame it's not stocked like others over here.

For God's sake Keith, don't mention the War!

A while back there occurred an event of catastrophic impact which created deep division in this Parish regarding the selling of (primarily) American Artisan soaps in the Federation of Europe. Suffice it to say, the rights and wrongs of this 'debate' elicited some very strong feelings indeed. All I can say is, I'm bloody well glad I stocked up on MLSW / Soap Commander et al when I did... :eek:

The razor arrived today.
Thanks for the samples Keith.
I will add a couple more before sending it on.

The razor seems well built, not finished as well as the Gillette one, but not far off. The numbers let it down a bit, the make it look a bit cheap. Maybe they should have left the red paint off.

The Gillette BB was a little to mild for me and I'm hoping this one is more aggressive.

Will test it tomorrow night.

Didn't get a chance to shave yesterday.

Tried it tonight.
I thought it would be quite mild so like an idiot I dialed it straight up to 9 with a Polsilver SI for the 1st pass on 3 days growth. Ended up with a bit of irritation on my neck.

Turned it down to 6 for 2 more passes for BBS results.

It's not a bad razor. Easy to manoeuvre and gives a very decent shave.

Not sure if anyone has noticed or mentioned it before, but I don't think the handle is painted. It seems more like a plastic heatshrink tube. I could be wrong though.

In the news today:

"The MoD said fighter jets from RAF Lossiemouth intercepted Russian "blackjack" aircraft flying in international air space on Thursday."

Sounds a bit like our razor. Yeah, "blackjack" is quite catchy, as there will only ever be one 'black beauty'!

PS - thanks for calling in Kul. It's not a bad razor at all, is it.

Back
Top Bottom