Closed Cobra Classic Pass Around - COMPLETE

Last use with the Cobra tonight. I used a much runnier lather today, Stirling with plenty of water and small air bubbles.

The razor did not clog up but I would still say it isn't the closest shave I have had. In terms of comfort, this razor is certainly with the best. It is as comfortable, as a Mach 3, with 1 days growth of stubble. Again IMO I would prefer a more aggressive face feel or closer shave, with the same level of comfort (it is possible). It efficiently removes stubble with ease (Feather Pro blade) but only attains a DFS. This is perplexing as efficient usually leads to BBS (I also don't shave ATG). My angles could still be wrong, only time will tell.

Beautiful to look at, I do go back into the den and admire the razor at times. Razor will. Be posted as required tomorrow morning (with samples).

Thanks again for the opportunity Nico.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Decided not to use Barbicide on this razor, unlikely to harm it but just incase. So used an ultrasonic cleaner as well as some antimicrobial liquid. All clean, packed with a couple of extras and will be posted this morning.

The Cobra has arrived safely. Despite the postie arriving three hours earlier than usual, while I was having a shave, I managed to get decent and rush to to the door before he could fill in the dreaded card. (Oil shaves do have advantages - I didn't have to wipe the lather off my face to open the door) :p:p

The Cobra has arrived safely. Despite the postie arriving three hours earlier than usual, while I was having a shave, I managed to get decent and rush to to the door before he could fill in the dreaded card. (Oil shaves do have advantages - I didn't have to wipe the lather off my face to open the door) :p:p
Did that Shavemac box raise expectations? ;)

Cobra Classic - Shave #1
Wow! Pretty! Smooth!
Geo F. Truper Coral skin food as pre shave
Truefitt&Hill Lavender shaving cream
MÜHLE 33K257 brush
Cobra Classic
Feather Pro blade (1)
Alum block
Cella Colonia Classica EdC as after shave
Castle Forbes Lime ASB

The Cobra Classic is most of all one thing: a very pretty razor. The Cobra inspired handle is a thing of beauty. At 98.8 grams (with blade) it's also a fairly heavy razor.
I know very little about the Cobra Classic, because I never considered buying one because of its price and limited availability. That's why I was a little bit puzzled how to get a blade into the head. It's not obvious until you see how it's done. If your puzzled, watch the beginning of geofatboy's video.
Even geofatboy says this razor is aggressive and he shaves with a shard of glass without lather or some such stuff. So I'll be careful. I do plan to do my full four passes WTG/XTG/GTX/WTG that every unknown razor gets treated to, but I reserve the right to an exit strategy.
I only bought the T&H Lavender because of the scent (it reminds me of my childhood), but it turned out to be one of my favourite creams. Loads of slick lather with lots of cushion. Just the stuff I need to protect me from the Cobra bite.
Upfront I have tried the razor on the back of my hand and I think a 45 degree angle seems about right. I start the shave very carefully, but after a few seconds I know that I don't have to fear the Cobra. It certainly mows down stubble without mercy, but with NO PRESSURE I'm soon in my stride. The Cobra's head is similar to an injector head with extra width, so it feels right at home on my face. The amazing thing is the blade. Goodness. It's sharp. It's so smooth. Even ATG there is not the slightest hint of tugging. Audible feedback is excellent. The Cobra just glides across my face and reduces stubble pass after pass. In the end I do the full four passes and my face is as smooth as it gets. The Alum block has no complaints. I'm tempted to use Cella Eau de Lavande to go with the T&H lavender, but SWMBO is in the house and I'm forbidden to 'smell like her granny', so I go with Cella Colonia Classica instead. Despite its high alcohol content there is not much of a sting.
This is one hell of a razor. Ultra sharp, but ultra smooth and pretty as well. I hope the blade will last longer than other Feather blades. I'm definitely looking forward to a couple more shaves with the Cobra Classic.

Cobra Classic - Shave #2

Stirling Glacial soap
MÜHLE 33K257 synthetic brush
Cobra Classic
Feather Pro blade (2)
Alum block
Alcolado Glacial Splash

I enjoyed yesterday's attempt at the coldest shave on earth. There is just enough Stirling Glacial left for one more shave, so I'll use it again today. That stuff is even more potent with a hot water shave. The essential oils evaporate much more easily and it's a bit more eye watering.
The Feather Pro blade was just as smooth on its second outing as on its first. Another amazingly easy and smooth shave. I'm not sure if it's the razor or the blade or the combination, but the shaves with the Cobra are up there with the very best.
Alum block and Alcolado Glacial have no complaints. As smooth as it gets with no drama. This could easily be the only razor a man needs. Shame about the price and most of all availability. :rolleyes:
TBC.

Cobra Classic - Shave #2

Stirling Glacial soap
MÜHLE 33K257 synthetic brush
Cobra Classic
Feather Pro blade (2)
Alum block
Alcolado Glacial Splash

I enjoyed yesterday's attempt at the coldest shave on earth. There is just enough Stirling Glacial left for one more shave, so I'll use it again today. That stuff is even more potent with a hot water shave. The essential oils evaporate much more easily and it's a bit more eye watering.
The Feather Pro blade was just as smooth on its second outing as on its first. Another amazingly easy and smooth shave. I'm not sure if it's the razor or the blade or the combination, but the shaves with the Cobra are up there with the very best.
Alum block and Alcolado Glacial have no complaints. As smooth as it gets with no drama. This could easily be the only razor a man needs. Shame about the price and most of all availability. :rolleyes:
TBC.
Nice Report..Sounds a Smashin Razor..Compared to a Lotta SEs comin out at the Moment its Not Over the Top Priced..Need to Stop Sayin that..:eek:

Yeah its Too Dear..:D

Billy

Last edited:
I really didn't care for it, strange how YMMV!
It handles almost like an injector razor with a wider head and I do like my injector (and other SE) razors. I reckon that only 10% of my shaves are DE these days.. I sold all my Feather Pro blades when I sold my Feather AC/SS.. what was I thinking? I need to try them in a Schick injector again...

It handles almost like an injector razor with a wider head and I do like my injector (and other SE) razors. I reckon that only 10% of my shaves are DE these days.. I sold all my Feather Pro blades when I sold my Feather AC/SS.. what was I thinking? I need to try them in a Schick injector again...
Andreas do you own either the Blackbird or any of the ATT razors?

Back
Top Bottom