Chinese futur clone

Some ridiculously cheap prices on these on Aliexpress so I am tempted. I may hold back for ethical reasons though. There is a reason that Chinese stuff is so cheap. They treat their workers like sh*t. Not appealing to a good leftie like me. :)

Some ridiculously cheap prices on these on Aliexpress so I am tempted. I may hold back for ethical reasons though. There is a reason that Chinese stuff is so cheap. They treat their workers like sh*t. Not appealing to a good leftie like me. :)
Not sent from a Chinese made electronic device I pray. This lefty recognizes certainly realities of international capitalism.

Where can you get the best deal?I'll give Aliexpress a miss as I am done with shipping from the US. What is the difference between this and the mingying or whatever it is called?

Last edited:
Where can you get the best deal?I'll give Aliexpress a miss as I am done with shipping from the US. What is the difference between this and the mingying or whatever it is called?
Ming Shi and Q Shave are the same razor different package. Epacket shipping from QShave in China is reliable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OK, I've looked at this blade alignment situation.
Both mine and my sons Q Shaves have blade alignment differences in both directions (shaves closer on one side of the head, and gap difference from one end of the blade to the other)
The blade plate rocks around in both directions, even on low settings.
I took the clone and my Futur apart, and swapped the Futur spring into the clone.
Hey presto !!! The blade plate was perfectly stable and there was no blade gap difference or movement of the blade plate.
The clone spring isn't nearly as strong as the one from the Futur.
I'm going to try to source suitable springs for the clones.

I hope this will help others who have the blade gap difference with their Futur clones.

I had a misalignment on one of my Qshaves. Half the time, the blade exposure was uneven, sometimes even unsymmetrical. I noticed that it was because I used to load the blade in the cap first and then clip it with the handle. Placing the blade on the blade holder first in lieu of the cap solved the misalignment problem.

I had a misalignment on one of my Qshaves. Half the time, the blade exposure was uneven, sometimes even unsymmetrical. I noticed that it was because I used to load the blade in the cap first and then clip it with the handle. Placing the blade on the blade holder first in lieu of the cap solved the misalignment problem.

I always load the blade directly onto the plate in my Futur, and the Q Shave.
I tried loading the blade onto the cap too but it made no difference.

My quest is to source some springs identical to the one in the Futur to solve the alignment issues

Both mine and my sons Q Shaves have blade alignment differences in both directions (shaves closer on one side of the head, and gap difference from one end of the blade to the other)
I took the clone and my Futur apart, and swapped the Futur spring into the clone.
Hey presto !!! The blade plate was perfectly stable and there was no blade gap difference or movement of the blade plate.
The clone spring isn't nearly as strong as the one from the Futur.nk

I hope this will help others who have the blade gap difference with their Futur clones.
I haven't noticed this on mine and I thought I'd checked. I'm away from home at the moment but I'll recheck when I get back. I feel mine shaves fine BTW. Keep us in the loop about the springs

The clone spring isn't nearly as strong as the one from the Futur.nk

I haven't noticed this on mine and I thought I'd checked. I'm away from home at the moment but I'll recheck when I get back. I feel mine shaves fine BTW. Keep us in the loop about the springs

Mine looks fine too. I bought a few spare razors, so I'll have to unbox them and check their alignment.

I managed to gift one away to my brother. Had to give him a little bit of a demo and a safety talk. It's a great razor, but it's just so easy to catch your finger with the blade when fiddling with the top cap (I always use a flannel to grab the cap when I change blades).

OK I've checked the blade gap on mine it looks fine though I don't have an accurate way to measure it. I've not had issues with blade changes, but I'm always ultra careful when handling blades.

Back
Top Bottom