Chinese futur clone

Increase your Qshave aggressiveness
An interesting remark : according to the way you put together the pieces of the razor in the first place you can get a gap of either 0mm between the head and the comb or 0.5mm, thus increasing the aggressiveness by a few points (I can't say exactly how many, so when at 0 and the gap is 0.5, maybe it's set on 1 or 2 in reality instead of the real 0).

Mild: Gap between cap and comb 0mm, set at 0

img_2028.jpg

Aggressive: Gap between cap and comb +/- 0.5mm, set at 0

img_2029.jpg

Last edited:
Mine arrived last night. It's a truly remarkable chinese factory item. Packaging is on the premium side of things, quality looks good. I had a shave with it this morning, and it gave a really excellent shave.

I do find the design a bit chunky - the whole thing is so BIG that it lacks the feel and agility that I get from other shavers such as a Gillette New, a Fatip Grande, a 37c, to name a few. Also, everyone has their own views, but whilst I appreciate the design, I find it a bit ugly. However, those issues could be equally said of a Futur.

I might give it one more crack, but I get the feeling that I may PIF this. Not the most generous of PIFs, but might bundle in a few more soaps etc and let someone else save £7. Otherwise it may just sit around being ugly - and that's my job.
A very honest unbiased review on the Qshave , your views are basically why i cancelled my order with Aliexpress, even though i can't in reality give my own views on the QShave, but reading various comments on the Merkur futur, they echo your own..

It's a wonderfully crafted Razor, and for the price it's unbeatable..i don't doubt that,but "it looks as though it would be in charge of the person shaving, rather than Vice versa", i know there is a learning curve with most razors, but IMHO, for me anyway i wouldn't be able to feel comfortable shavng with it. One of the main reasons why I didn't buy one.Regards.

Last edited:
At the time of posting- 402 replies (not counting mine!) a record for me on any forum I use and start a thread!

Seems most of you are now happy/sorted. Excellent-phew :)

I bought my two some time ago. I use mine several times a week as does my mate I gifted the other to. Both of us are impressed- for the money it's a sensation

Mine are the Titanium blades - I've got mine loaded up with a Derby Extra at the minute but when that dulls in a shave or so, I'll trial the Titanium ones... if they're any good it would make for the 'starter pack' of the century! Add some Blue's Goat Milk shave soap and a cheapo boar brush and you're good to go at about a tenner!

I was thinking about my today's SOTD, which represents a pretty good cheapish (£20) starter kit:
- Qshave +/- £6 @AliX
- Synthetic metal handle brush (assorted with the Qshave) +/- £3.5 @AliX
- Superdrug AS lotion £2.50 @Superdrug
- Witch-hazel £1.50 @Wilko
- Kent shaving soap (MWF) £6 @JohnLewis

sotd_m10.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about my today's SOTD, which represents a pretty good cheapish (£20) starter kit:
- Qshave +/- £6 @AliX
- Synthetic metal handle brush (assorted with the Qshave) +/- £3.5 @AliX
- Superdrug AS lotion £2.50 @Superdrug
- Witch-hazel £1.50 @Wilko
- Kent shaving soap (MWF) £6 @JohnLewis

sotd_m10.jpg

Certainly is a really good starters kit. Great value, and quality. I've seen recently new wet shavers asking for advice on adjustables are increasingly being pointed towards the Q-Shave.

Love the photo too :)

...ordering the Mingshi 2000s from AliExpress was a good experience. The tracking info was great and I liked the way raising a dispute and getting a refund is prominently shown on your order and subsequent confirmation emails. Like many I am aghast at how the Mingshi is made, boxed and shipped internationally for $6. The razor I received was well made and finished with good blade alignment. I can now see why some think that the writing is on the wall for Airbus and Boeings' market duopoly now that the Chinese have commenced production of jet airliners.

I expected the bulky head design of the razor to struggle under my large nose, in the cleft of my chin or over my emerging wottle; it did not! counter-intuitively it reached all the nooks and crannies. I expected the handle to be slippery in use; it was not. Unususally steep or shallow angles are not required to hit the sweet-spot, the angle comes intuitively and the razors balance feels right. It is a smooth and effective shaver with loud audio feedback and muted blade feel. With a Polsiver, I get an easy, comfortable, glass-smooth shave on setting 3.

I doubt I would ever use the adjustable settings and I do much prefer the size and simplicity of a traditional 3-piece design, especially one with a compact, low profile head but there is no denying the Mingshi 2000s is an excellent shaver and stunning value...

Last edited:
I expected the bulky head design of the razor to struggle under my large nose, in the cleft of my chin or over my emerging wottle; it did not! counter-intuitively it reached all the nooks and crannies. I expected the handle to be slippery in use; it was not. It is a smooth and effective shaver with loud audio feedback and muted blade feel. The angle comes intuitively; no unusually steep or shallow angles are required to hit the sweet-spot.

A really good surprise indeed.

Cristobal, I don't really understand. Mine arrived today, assembled; will shave with it tomorrow. I don't see how I can vary how it was put together. Please can you explain a bit more?

When arriving from China, your Qshave is put together in order to be mild (of course YMMV, but it's the mild configuration), the gap between the blade holder and the comb should be 0mm (see the photos in my previous post).

However, if you want a more aggressive razor, dismantle the razor by taking the cap off, unscrew the handle (push the rectangular button on the blade holder at the same time), but keep the blade holder and the comb together, turn the blade holder by 180 degrees from the comb, then screw the handle back. This way you will get a bigger gap (roughly 0.5mm) between the comb and the blade holder, thus slightly increasing the aggressiveness of the Qshave.

Last edited:
Just had a recommendation on my eBay account for a Future Clone; starting bid £15.99 + postage. :eek:

Edit: it's in the UK & appears to be one of the Q-shave. Must be supply & demand and all that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom