Cheap ultrasonic cleaner

Word of advice from someone more technical then me if I may......

I bought one of these from Urban Hermit through the BST, it arrived this morning, brand new and still sealed in the box. I got it going, sent a couple of razors though, and some jewelery to keep the wife on side. And then it stopped. The light stayed on and it kept counting down, but it wasn't 'buzzing'.

It had been used a few times within the hour, so I wondered if there was a thermal cut out, left it awhile but it made no difference it's bust :evil:

I've spoken to UH, no blame lies with him, but he paid on a card so the receipt is no use to me. I will ring the Silvercrest helpline first, and if they can't help then I'll take it back to Lidl and say it was a gift. BUT when I went last week they didn't have any, hence buying this one ..... so the best I will get is a refund, but more likely a credit note which is no use to me.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

I think that they do that… I noticed that it didn't buzz all the way through on the first cycle or so, but it seemed fine afterwards...

Persevere, I would suggest.

I think it's the price you pay for not paying the price (as it were). I think that they are temperamental is all, but It does do the job, that's for certain.

Lipsy

Hmm well I'll try it again tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure its not working. For the first half dozen cycles there was a definite hum from the machine, and the items in the tray would 'buzz' around. But since its stopped there's no sign that the 'ultrasonic part' is even energized.

panzanella said:
ALDI have an ultrasonic cleaner for 20 quid in today's specials

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_17130.htm

Same price as the one in Maplins but the tank is nearly twice the size, so I'll see if I can grab one after work tonight. It's not the same model that was in Lidl recently.

Well, it's 750ml and the SilverCrest that Lidl had was 600ml, so I'd say well short of twice the size - it is 25% larger however...

• It doesn't say how many settings for the timer (the SilverCrest has 5 pre-sets).[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • I have had no problems with my new one from Lidl, but I know someone whose machine worked for about an hour then died totally. Fortunately he got a refund sorted (no replacement machines available, of course), and bought a Maplin's one (if I remember correctly) - no timer other than the auto-shut-off, I think it was.[/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom