Cheap ultrasonic cleaner

If you have a LIDL nearby, they've got an ultrasonic cleaner for £16.99 from next monday.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//SID-28F855B7-8CAEFB9A/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_16269.htm?offerdate=&ar2=10&id=1364&country=GB&zipcode=Sunderland&city=Tyne+And+Wear&district=SR6+0BN&street=Roker+Avenue&ar=10&nf=True" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//SID ... 10&nf=True</a><!-- m -->

...just the thing to clean up any old razors you've got stashed away.

Peter I got mine from Costco which looks quite similar with the basket that the watch is in, the arched holder to keep precious stones out of the liquid and the cd / dvd holder, so size is probably about the same. Mine specifically states it can be used for spectacles so I assume they would fit in this one too.

Fido said:
Would this be large enough for spectacles? And would it do a good job on them?

600mlis the same reservoir capacity as mine, and the plastic inserts for watches & CDs etc. look almost identical to the ones in mine as well. They should be able to do 2 or 3 pairs at a go. They do a really nice job on cleaning up my specs.

I was tempted.

Then I was fairly well tempted.

Then, SWMBA pointed out that:

• 1) I'm not really musically talented and/or ambitious.
    2) We live in a tiny flat and harmonicas can get pretty loud.
    3) The guinea pigs don't even like the sounds of her playing the recorder or penny-whistles.[/list:u]
    • Now I realise buying one isn't a suitable plan.
        • ... I need to buy two, so that when she hides the first one, I can still make noises on the second one![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Damian Murphy said:
they make excellent Christmas presents for nephews and nieces :twisted:

I love doing this, buy noisy presents for kids you know, make sure they don't require batteries.
(their parents can remove batteries)
I think I might buy some Vuvuzelas and other WC paraphernalia, it's probably going cheap!

Max

FrenchBlade said:
Damian Murphy said:
they make excellent Christmas presents for nephews and nieces :twisted:

I love doing this, buy noisy presents for kids you know, make sure they don't require batteries.
(their parents can remove batteries)
I think I might buy some Vuvuzelas and other WC paraphernalia, it's probably going cheap!

Max

Lol! You'd be surprised how many noisy toys that don't have batteries get broken in our house. I don't think they survive the trip across the floor very well :)

I bought one of the ultrasound cleaners from Aldi last year, pretty similar as well. It's seen a lot of use and I can only recommend you get one. Haven't put anything razor related into ours yet (obviously, it's early days) but it cleans up my jewellery and my electronic cigarette atomisers a treat and no effort involved. Supposed to be good for CDs too, but not tried that. Nice little gadget though.

Back
Top Bottom