BST thread closed...

That's great...especially for a noob like myself. Thanks. (that's noob with two "o"s, not ...well you know)

In the time it was off the run I stuck a razor on Ebay and it sold within the hour....such is life :)

I get the feeling that after over 100 posts, and nearly 3000 views, people are beginning to repeat themselves ad nauseum on this topic! Maybe it's time for this to be closed too?

StephenShave said:
Nishy said:
Following for sale, all include postage, buyer to pay paypal fees. UK only please.

1. CRSW Puro Fresco select soap. Tried getting along with this scent but its not for me (not fond of lemongrass) again used about 5 times £20

2. Puma silversteel 81 Solingen straight razor 4/8, shave ready in good condition with light pitting on blade also a small crack on top of scale which I have repaired and does not affect the razors/scales function.
£35

3. EJ super badger medium mint condition used 10/15 times non shedder lovely brush just have too many.
£28

If any wishes to see any pictures please PM myself and I can email pictures. Thanks for viewing.

Priority to anyone who takes the lot.

Hi, I'm afraid YOU pay the PayPal fees as per BST rules...

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=19866

This includes a handy calculator if you want to adjust your selling price accordingly...

I didn't want to hijack nishys BST. But it is exactly posts like this that bring down the BST

STEPHENSHAVE has posted the link to boabs rules then made up a rule to suit him.

What the rules say is "no paypal gifts". There is a huge difference. I choose in private to send money by gift to numerous members who I trust and have had multiple dealings with.

Please can you all accept my apologies...

The first rule states that the item must have a price. I interpret this to mean that you need to put a price on that the buyer pays, not, here's the start price, work out the PayPal fees, add that on, and that's what you need to pay me.

I've obviously caused offense to many by my BST post, this was not meant in any way, and again, I'm sorry. I'm prepared to keep totally out of this issue if you all feel that I have totally mus-interpreted the No.1 BST rule.

There is some vagueness ...

I've always taken that the item must have a price to mean that the item (alone) must have a fixed price - postage and other fees can be additional. Personally, I just put the price posted and swallow any fees depending upon how the buyer pays. That said, postage could vary considerably now that we are growing in our audience worldwide ... but it does say at the top that this is a UK based forum and so, where I've had buyers outside of the UK they have always asked what the extra would be on top of the single price, posted, fees, etc that I've put.

Which brings me to the "no gifts" rule ...

No request for payment by Paypal as a gift? No coercion? Or, no receipt for payment as a gift? I would assume it means that if payment is made by Paypal, the seller should not insist upon a gift. If the buyer sends as a gift, so be it. Likewise, the buyer could pay by bank transfer, cheque, postage stamps, razor blades or pay cash where there are no fees ... I presume the mechanism is between the buyer and seller as not everyone will do Paypal.

... but where there is vagueness, best to go with the spirit of it, reading between the lines and err on the safe side.

If this is a help, Boab, perhaps the following amendments could be made, based on my observations of interpretation of the rules for BST:

New members will not be able to use the section for selling until they are deemed to be active members. Please do not ask when this will happen, not on the forum or by PM.
Items for sale must have a price, this means no links to your ebay listings. State whether the price includes postage and whether you expect the buyer to make any further contributions, say, to Paypal fees.
Keep threads on topic and do not post on a thread unless you are involved in a transaction, or are requesting further information.
If you want to make an offer then do so by PM and post in the thread to that effect. 'PM Sent' will suffice.
When using Paypal, do not request or send payment as Gifts - Sellers can request that buyers pay the fees. Calculate Paypal fees here: http://paypalfeecalculator.paymentprocessing.cc
As a seller it is your responsibility to mark the thread as 'Complete' when the transaction is finished to both parties satisfaction. To do this, simply edit the thread title and add the word 'Complete' which will help the Mods clear off old threads and keep the new items fresh.

Back
Top Bottom