Breaking Bad

Yeah, I'm a big Mike fan. He's one cool customer but has a heart. Just when he was about whack Walter at the end of the season 3 he says "I'm sorry" as if he was saying "I like you, but it's just business". He has a very calming effect on me.

When they first introduced Saul I really thought his OTT character was going to ruin the credability of the show, but an episode or two later and you can't help but laugh out loud at some of the stuff he comes out with. Laughed the first time he met Skyler.

Finished watching the last series over Christmas I've really enjoyed everyone of the shows and the ending is great, I also enjoyed the Sopranos but can't see how you can judge them totally different shows, I love James Gandolfini a great actor, but for me Brian Cranston gets the nod his acting in Breaking bad is brilliant, another great series for me is Boardwalk Empire it's up there with the best, another Nurse Jackie, and the funniest series ever well without doubt Eastbound and down, closely followed by Bored to death.

but can't see how you can judge them

I think they fall into the category of 'possibly best tv series ever' and for that reason people will compare them.

Ever since the Sopranos finished people are trying to find something that stands up to it. It certainly left a void in my life when it ended.

Another one I thoroughly enjoyed back in the day was 'The X-Files'.

I also started out loving 'Rescue Me' but found that the story-lines began to weaken with each season and eventually gave up on it. The first 3 season were great.

Just finished watching the series and for me comes in 3rd behind The Sopranos & then The Wire
But thoroughly enjoyed it another series where you think I'll watch one episode tonight then end up watching 3 or 4, Hank was probably my favorite character,my missus hated Walt from the start for some reason and as for Saul he should have his own show!:icon_razz:
Only downside is I keep repeating " Yo Bitch" in my best Jesse impersonation :icon_razz:

tonyspurs said:
Just finished watching the series and for me comes in 3rd behind The Sopranos & then The Wire
But thoroughly enjoyed it another series where you think I'll watch one episode tonight then end up watching 3 or 4, Hank was probably my favorite character,my missus hated Walt from the start for some reason and as for Saul he should have his own show!:icon_razz:
Only downside is I keep repeating " Yo Bitch" in my best Jesse impersonation :icon_razz:

You probably know this, but a Saul spin-off is on the cards..

jds said:
tonyspurs said:

You probably know this, but a Saul spin-off is on the cards..

Didn't know that, excellent :icon_razz:

Finished this up a few weeks back.

Season 4 was great - Gustavo and the trip to Mexico to meet the bosses and Walt's wheelchair bomb... brilliant. I thought these highlights were way better than anything that happened in the final season, although Walt's video confession was good, I never seen that one coming.

I still find it strange how much I liked Walt given how greedy, manipulative and down right evil he was at times.

Back
Top Bottom