Breaking Bad

Morning all,
Just wondering if anyone has watched the series Breaking Bad, about the chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with lung cancer and starts cooking crystal meth to pay for his medical bills and support his family, it's magnificent.
I have to say it's the best series I have watched on TV (even tops Sopranos for me) and the acting, script and characters are second to none.
Think the only way to watch all the episodes is either buy the box sets or on netflix.

balidey said:
I've heard about it but never seen any.
Always seems to get good reviews so I'll try and make time to watch it.

You should. You won't regret it. Unfortunately only the first 2 seasons have been on telly and that was years ago and probably won't be on any time soon. If you haven't used Netflix you can get a months trial for free and all the episodes are on there.

I know this might not be the consensus, but after his escapades in the last half of the final season, I hope Jessie takes him out.

The best character must be Saul though lol, what a guy.

I'm up to date too. Can't wait for the final episodes on Netflix. Think I might have to re watch the first half of season 5 though.

Currently waiting for the last episodes myself.

The amount of people who have not watched this is criminal. I dont understand why one of the satelllite channels dont show them.

Fx had the first season and the second was hidden away on five usa at crazy times. Third, fourth and fifth had to be downloaded.

I love it when you get someone into it and you watch as they are indifferent at the start then they slowly get totally hooked.

Great tv series underpinned by an acting masterclass by bryan cranston.

Totally, I gave four seasons to a colleague and she was neutral for the first few episodes. A week later she was raving about it and couldn't wait to start the next season.

I love shows like that, they focus on a characters you think you wouldn't be interested in/ not quite like/ but you get slowly hooked.

In terns of writing I can't think of many shows that match it, off the top of my head I only think of a few; The Wire, Sopranos, and Six Feet Under. Can you think of any other BB competitors?

How about this for a classic BB exchange:
Walter H. White: What are you offering me?

Saul Goodman: What did Tom Hagen do for Vito Corleone?

Walter H. White: I'm no Vito Corleone.

Saul Goodman: No Shit! Right now you're Fredo!

I'm catching it now, up to Season 4 Episode 5.

Absolutely quality! Gus is my favourite character. So precise with everything he does. I'm at the point now where big things are happening.

I must say, I don't think I'd have coped with one episode a week. As soon as one finishes I can't wait to watch the next.

Back
Top Bottom