Blue Stratos

No like the Woodspice from M&S. There is a nice spicy, woody and rather manly scent in there but it's just so damn sharp and powdery, sour even, that I can't abide it. Can't tell SWMBO so best leave it up the back of the cupboard and hope she doesn't notice. Honestly a wee fingertip dab of the stuff on my neck and I can taste the ruddy stuff - get's right up my nose as well and makes me feel like I want to sneeze. Whoof! Tried the Amber version a while back and thought it was trying far too hard to be modern and trendy for my liking. Come back Superdrug Forest Fresh, all is forgiven! Blue Stratos humps all of them at the cheap end so far with the exception of Old Spice.

is this a new formulation? I have heard that the scent isn't as long lasting as it used to be.

Gairdner said:
No like the Woodspice from M&S. There is a nice spicy, woody and rather manly scent in there but it's just so damn sharp and powdery, sour even, that I can't abide it. Can't tell SWMBO so best leave it up the back of the cupboard and hope she doesn't notice. Honestly a wee fingertip dab of the stuff on my neck and I can taste the ruddy stuff - get's right up my nose as well and makes me feel like I want to sneeze. Whoof! Tried the Amber version a while back and thought it was trying far too hard to be modern and trendy for my liking. Come back Superdrug Forest Fresh, all is forgiven! Blue Stratos humps all of them at the cheap end so far with the exception of Old Spice.

Still to try my first purchase of Forest Fresh.

Boab said:
is this a new formulation? I have heard that the scent isn't as long lasting as it used to be.

Don't know anything about new or old formulations as this is my first experience of Blue Stratos but it's not that strong and doesn't linger more than a couple of hours if that. They do an EdT which they say is suitable for use as an aftershave but contains twice the amount of perfume: Blue Stratos EdT

It's really good on the face and does not irritate or dry out my skin as much as a TOBS AS can. I'll be buying more when this runs out but Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum is still top dog in the AS stakes.

tonyspurs said:
Which Denims did you get? I got the original flavour and the musk,the musk is nicer than Jovan Musk imvho

Musk wasn't an option on the site. I bought the Original and Denim Unleash which I used today. Smells nice....but I haven't a clue about longevity yet.

Back
Top Bottom