Blue Stratos

G

Gairdner

Ordered some today from Fragrance Direct.

What's the opinion here then? Good, bad, indifferent, cheesy, Gene Hunt, honking, what?

For £5 delivered, I thought I'd order some. Made in Blighty too.

Theres no horse in it is there?

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

It'll knock any ladies bandy who happen to be within 6 ft of you.

Seriously.

I remember this as my first ever aftershave. I wore it when I was ten, wanting to feel grown up and smell nice. My dad hates the stuff and joked about me using it. I thought it was nice though - a sort of fresh aqua scent. He also gave me a can of Hai Karate deodorant.

joe mcclaine said:

Seriously.

I just checked out the reviews on Fragrance Direct. Looks like you are correct Vinnie:

My Husband won't use anything else. So I was pleased to see you sold it. Now I can make him happy all the time. :icon_razz:

Pig Cat said:
joe mcclaine said:

Seriously.

I just checked out the reviews on Fragrance Direct. Looks like you are correct Vinnie:

My Husband won't use anything else. So I was pleased to see you sold it. Now I can make him happy all the time. :icon_razz:

I have my moments.

Are you lot p-p-p-p, p-pu-pul; yanking my chain?

Seriously, I can't afford all of this Lalique and Tom Ford, Penhaligons or Trumpers so a good doing AS which seals my skin and has a decent long-lasting fragrance would be just grand. I love Old Spice but it just doesn't smell the same anymore and Martin has spoiled me with the vintage Shulton stuff in cologne guise so I can really tell the difference now. I do like to try and buy British to help our economy and everyone's jobs too.

Gairdner said:
Are you lot p-p-p-p, p-pu-pul; yanking my chain?

Seriously, I can't afford all of this Lalique and Tom Ford, Penhaligons or Trumpers so a good doing AS which seals my skin and has a decent long-lasting fragrance would be just grand. I love Old Spice but it just doesn't smell the same anymore and Martin has spoiled me with the vintage Shulton stuff in cologne guise so I can really tell the difference now. I do like to try and buy British to help our economy and everyone's jobs too.

I have bottles of cologne that have cost a bit (£100 for 75ml) and I can categorically state Blue Stratos is as good as all the reviews suggest.

I used to get a fragrance just called Noir, that from memory came in a black box and was genrerally available everywhere and at £5.00 a pop was affordable too.

Got favourable feedback on it from the ladies but for some time now have been unable to find it anywhere.

Just trying to remember the advertising catch line for Blue Stratos, I remember Old Spice being "The mark of a man" and Denim; now there's a blast from the past, being "For the man that doesn't have to try too hard" but Blue Stratos escapes me.

Pete

SAINT12661 said:
I used to get a fragrance just called Noir, that from memory came in a black box and was genrerally available everywhere and at £5.00 a pop was affordable too.

Got favourable feedback on it from the ladies but for some time now have been unable to find it anywhere.

Just trying to remember the advertising catch line for Blue Stratos, I remember Old Spice being "The mark of a man" and Denim; now there's a blast from the past, being "For the man that doesn't have to try too hard" but Blue Stratos escapes me.

Pete

Is this the one ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=drakkar+noir&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7211118133&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10039353191150912664&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_7jvp1xbwzy_b

Northam Saint said:
SAINT12661 said:

Pete

Is this the one ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=drakkar+noir&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7211118133&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10039353191150912664&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_7jvp1xbwzy_b

Unfortunately not, but you did get my hopes up there for a minute!

Drakker Noir as per the link was around at the same time; although at a much reduced price then, funny how a price zooms up when something becomes popular again, thinking of Old Spice there as it wasn't so long ago that they couldn't give it away, but now that people have come to their senses and recognise it for the classic that it is the price creeps on up.

Going back to my Noir, I think boots used to be one of the main stockists of it.

Pete

Low and behold I've found it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noir-Roberre-Toilette-Spray-100ml/dp/B001K33Q8E%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJGH22R74RS37SYSA%26tag%3Dsupapricouk-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB001K33Q8E

Albeit with reviews of it not being what it used to be etc.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom