Black pudding

I'm a Lancastrian lad of age 38. Bizarrely, I never tried black pudding until earlier this year.

My Scottish wife managed to get me to try it recently and now I'm hooked. I've eaten the "Bury black pudding co" slices from Waitrose, and also the "links" or "horseshoes" from the same company. It's so lovely. Savoury, moreish.

Are there any other fans of pudding? And where do you find the best ones are from?

yep, have it every sunday (if not working) on my "Fry-Up" at my mums, get it from a cash and carry that is local...not sure of the brand...

used to get it at tesco but they changed supplier and the new stuff was crap !!

Loved it all my life :hungrig :hungrig
Since my being a wee lad in Leith and til a few weeks ago when I had my mandatory Black Pudding supper from the 'Barbeque' in Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh,( the haggis suppers and white puddings are equally lovely)
Sadly,not the same in Wales.
regards, beejay

Yeah. My favourite part of a breakfast. Coincidentally I only tried the Bury black pudding from the supermarket last weekend for the first time, I wasn't that impressed with it, felt it didn't have enough spice. Best I've tried is stuff from a local farmers market, can't recall the name of the producer. The Spanish version Morcilla is good too.

You British always confuse me with your puddings :D
By us a pudding is a sweet meal made of starch and milk, usually vanilia or chocolate flavoured.
Like these....quite different from these

Then I read black pudding and think, and think, and google and then... omg. Now I know what's this - it's that sausage made of blood.
That's fine, I like it too, we eat it usually baked together with other types of sausages and potatoes, with pickled cucumbers. Yummmmy :hungrig

Back
Top Bottom