Best burger bar in London

Ok so having been searching since the start of this thread ive settled on a winner..... Drum roll..... Patty & Bun (St James street and Liverpool Street) lovely burger and condiments. Hawksmore a very close second.

Haha! It was painfully good ;) I'm guessing its a ymmv thing with burgers. Got sent away twice at the door of patty and bun for being 3 mins and 2 mins too late (an hour before closing) thought I wouldnt return but glad i paiml. I was very under whelmed by meat liquor.

Hawksmoor steaks are quality, steak is my next search.

Hiya,

Heh, Limey hamburgers. That image makes me smile.

Knowing how so many of y'all like your food cooked into submission and with no seasonings to boot, I had thought the cooking method would be steaming the burgers. Yep, three hours inna steamer will give em a nice gray color inside and out.

That's probably how it's done at home I would guess. Maybe boiled burgers if in a hurry.

Martin

Martin medium rare aged beef for me, strangely liquid cheese from across the shore is pretty good on fries as a side never thought I'd like liquid cheese not sure what it is to be fair.

Burger and Shake by Russell Square. I live there and feel the temptation to go in every time I walk past. Tried their pulled pork burger the other evening, it was fantastic. It's a little cheaper than Byron too.

There's only 2 in London that I enjoy.

Dirty Burger Highgate and...Mine, home made with ground beef from the Ginger Pig Butcher in Lauriston Rd, Hackney. Homemade tomatoe & onion relish, brioche bun. Cooked on the BBQ when the weather allows :)

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Knowing how so many of y'all like your food cooked into submission and with no seasonings to boot, I had thought the cooking method would be steaming the burgers. Yep, three hours inna steamer will give em a nice gray color inside and out.

That's probably how it's done at home I would guess. Maybe boiled burgers if in a hurry.

Martin

Ah dear Merton, what a blast of nostalgia you gave me there. Grey Wimpy burghers in the Jamaica St wimpy bar, washed down with a coke with a couple of Askit powders in it in the vain hope it would provide a forbidden kick. Then out with the rest of the leather clad barbarians for a dash up the old Loch Lomondside Rd.

Wimpy burghers and expresso coffee, no wonder nothing in the years since has managed to upset my tummy ...

Johnny. ( Yes I remember most of the sixties ) ? :icon_razz:/.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Martin

Now then Martin. There's no need for that. From a native of a country which seems to think bread should have the texture of sweet cotton wool I think that's a bit rich.

Back
Top Bottom