Beer..a personal list of favourites

Anything by Young's or Fuller's. There are others, of course but they're my 'go to' tipples and fortunately real ale seems to be making something of a come-back. You also seem to get a more discerning bunch in pubs that sell real ale. For me, Kronenburg and the like really is for when there's absolutely no other choice.

Don't get me wrong; each to their own but I like a pint with more complex flavour than mass-produced lager.

Fullers 1845 Strong Ale

'It was of the most beautiful colour that the eye of an artist in beer could desire; full in body, yet brisk as a volcano; piquant, yet without a twang; luminous as an autumn sunset; free from streakiness of taste, but, finally, rather heady".

Thomas Hardy, The Trumpet Major.

Amongst my favourites are;

Greene King Abbot Ale
Fullers London Pride
Adnams Regatta
Youngs Special
Wadworths 6X
Woodfords Wherry
St Austells HSB
Skinners Kiddlywink

I am currently only really drinking either my homebrew or williams bros brews due to them being cheap in aldi.

Current faves are birds and bees and good times.

Great beers

Re: RE: Beer..a personal list of favourites

barry44 said:
I am currently only really drinking either my homebrew or williams bros brews due to them being cheap in aldi.

Current faves are birds and bees and good times.

Great beers

Good times is a fantastic beer. Very refreshing. Ideal for a sunny afternoon!

So many beers, so little time.

Some personal faves:

Oakham: JHB or Scarlet Macaw
Crouch Vale: Citra
Dark Star: American Pale
Thornbridge: Wild Swan, Kipling or Jaipur IPA
Fullers: Double Chocolate Stout
Celtic: Gold

[hic]

Having fallen out of love with beer over fifteen years ago, this thread has stoked my interest. Have made a list of a few that i will get to try this weekend.

Young's Bitter
Young's Special
Fullers London Pride
Fullers ESB
Timothy Taylor's Landlord

Should keep me busy. :icon_rolleyes:

Don't know if anyone has ever tried the Wye Valley Brewery beers, but they're awesome.

A couple of my faves.

WyeValleyHPA.jpg

54111011_H.jpg

I've only just found this thread and would like to add my thoughts and changes in tastes as I have become more aged.

In my youth about 15 years old it was Ansell's Bitter or M&B Mild in the two pubs I could get served in. Then as I became of age it was a whole new world to me. So Banks Hanson's Batham's (Still on the favorites list) Ma Pardoes (Anyone guess where my roots are) Then in the mid 70's when I moved out of the area Flowers OB (Original Bitter) became one of my favorites along with Old Hooky, and they served me well for a good few years. Then along came CAMRA and beer festivals over the next few years I drank mostly 4%+ Beers dark in colour. Then over the last few years I have swung back to the 4% or so Gold or Blonde ales, these are now firmly my favorites. I would not list them all but quite a few have been mentioned. My Locale favorite is brewed 8 miles away and available at most places in town.

Back
Top Bottom