Closed ATT R-2 Open Comb Pass Around and Review

Al, as I got the opportunity to buy an R2 I took it as you know.

Please take my name off the list for the Pass around. I was last anyway so won't cause any issues...

Cheers again mate.....

I have been testing the R2 for the last week with a variety of blades. I have the R1 plate and this is as most have found a step down in aggressiveness. I am sure if you find the R1 too much then this would suit you well. For me I will stick to the fatip for my open comb fix but would be interested to see what the H2 plate is like as I found the H1 has given me the best shave of any razor to date.

I usually shave every other day but today was the second day running with the R2 without any issues.

The plate is packed up ready for the next tester...it's nearly home Al.

Thanks Al for the opportunity to try this out.

First shave with the R2 this evening... wow! I was a bit worried it would eat my face but no, it required more care than my M2 but other than a small nick where I went the wrong way it was pain free and gave me probably the best shave I've had. It mowed through two days growth like a scythe.

The H would be too far for me, but I think I'm a fan of the R.

I've now had four shaves with the R2 using a med prep. I nearly bowed out of this one, partly because I was unsure how blade gap could make a difference on an OC, and partly because I was unconvinced that anything could shave me better than my M2, however I'm glad I didn't.

The effect on a single day's growth was less dramatic but no less satisfying, and I quickly got comfortable with the step up in efficiency. All four shaves (daily) were irritation-free and smooth, and my normal WTG + XTG seemed to last longer and required fewer touch-ups. It's only been four days, but I can see no problem with this being a daily use razor. I don't like the term "aggressive", it makes it sound like it's going to be scrapey and uncomfortable but this really isn't, it's very smooth.

I'd rate the R2 as being smoother and closer than a Gillette New, or iKon OC, both of which are razors I enjoy. It reminds me of the Tradere OC I used to have but without the unnatural blade angle and resultant blood letting.

I liked the R2 so much I went ahead and ordered a Kronos R2 from Executive Shaving! Thanks to Al for enabling. :)

Because of Al's generosity with the pass around, I've been enabled and am now the proud owner of my own Kronos M1 set.
Thanks Al!
It's great, but I am in the position to buy myself a M2 plate to go with it.
I'm thinking a group buy is in order.
If one other person goes in with me on the purchase, then the US shipping is free.
The only extra shipping would be on the UK side (£4.10 1st class, recorded delivery).
Because of the high cost of the razors, I would need the funds deposited to my paypal account up front.
http://www.abovethetie.com/?store_cat=34&sub=true
So how many of you are looking to buy into the ATT setup?
Is there any interest in a group buy of this magnitude? If you are interested, send me a PM and we'll talk.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Because of Al's generosity with the pass around, I've been enabled and am now the proud owner of my own Kronos M1 set.
Thanks Al!
It's great, but I am in the position to buy myself a M2 plate to go with it.
I'm thinking a group buy is in order.
If one other person goes in with me on the purchase, then the US shipping is free.
The only extra shipping would be on the UK side (£4.10 1st class, recorded delivery).
Because of the high cost of the razors, I would need the funds deposited to my paypal account up front.
So how many of you are looking to buy into the ATT setup?
Is there any interest in a group buy of this magnitude? If you are interested, send me a PM and we'll talk.

Good man Erik

A great opportunity to get a high quality razor cheaper than uk prices with out risk of custom charges. I believe Stan isnt supplying individulal plates to UK distributors either. ($73 = £44) ish

A complete razor is $185 equating to £113

Exec shaving sell for 130

Back
Top Bottom