Artisan soaps vs mass produced

I have not tried Wickhams shaving soap , now I have no doubt it is a fine soap ,a fine artisan soap and there is only one reason I have not tried it and it's because I am a dyed in the wool tallow soap user.
There is no rhyme or reason for it I just believe that tallow based soaps are better, I have the orignal old spice, tabac, MWF , P&B , OSP, hell I've even got Blue's goats milk tallow soap and Arko in my line up of soaps.
Now if Billy can get a free tub by saying artisan soap was less than good am I not a candidate for convincing that non tallow soaps can be as good as the other artisan tallow soaps by offering me a free tub of your fine soap @Fox ? I will quite understand if you decline because you think I'm a cheeky chancer but I thought it would be worth a try.
All of the above is the absolute truth, I do love tallow in a soap but I am willing to be convinced that non tallow can be as good as tallow.
With kind regards and low expectations , Blademonkey.

Yea read that already, reading it and believing is not the same as finding out through physical means and then believing it.
Point two sharpoligist could be in the pockets of the mass producers many of which don't use tallow any more, tallow soaps are not all that common compaired to vegetable / nut oil based soaps.
Trying is believing !

The Italian 3P shave soap is vegan and just as good as Cella, which has tallow, and many say even better.

Tell ya what, buy a tub of the new Omega shave "croap" which is I believe vegan as well. It's cheap and the best mass produced one I have ever used, bar none. It's very inexpensive and to be frank just as good as my top tier artisan tallow shave soaps if not better. It's only 4.80 GBP. Don't be a "lock pockets". ;)

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/46001.html

The Italian 3P shave soap is vegan and just as good as Cella, which has tallow, and many say even better.

Tell ya what, buy a tub of the new Omega shave "croap" which is I believe vegan as well. It's cheap and the best mass produced one I have ever used, bar none. It's very inexpensive and to be frank just as good as my top tier artisan tallow shave soaps if not better. It's only 4.80 GBP. Don't be a "lock pockets". ;)

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/46001.html
Are you saying the omega is as good as Wickhams ,OSP or P&B ?
And this expression lock pockets, what is that , is that like tight, I spend £13 odd on artisan tallow soap or I could spend £1.50 on the same amount of Arko but I prefer to buy the artisan soap so lock pockets .....this is not a question of artisan tallow and non artisan non tallow it is a question of if an artisan non tallow could match my soap of choice a tallow based artisan soap of roughly the Same price.

Last edited:
And this expression lock pockets, what is that , is that like tight, I spend £13 odd on artisan tallow soap or I could spend £1.50 on the same amount of Arko but I prefer to buy the artisan soap so lock pockets .....this is not a question of artisan tallow and non artisan non tallow it is a question of if an artisan non tallow could match my soap of choice a tallow based artisan soap of roughly the Same price.
just to make it clear to everyone it was a tougue in cheek request based on Billy's lucky break in getting offered a free tub of Wickhams for dissing artisan soaps in general .....JC Tougue in cheek!!!!
I have a sample of Wickhams, received yesterday I just have not had the chance to use it yet. Ok.

I have a tub of Wickham's, the others not. I stand by what I said, just AS good for glide & cushion and better for ease of latherability compared to Wickham's, Mike's Natural Soaps & Cold River Soap Works. The latter two are considered the best of the best artisan soaps in the USA. As well, the new Omega smells better to me as it has the old classic Erasmic barbershop scent that causes me to swoon. I like the scent so much that sometimes I just open the tub to take a whiff. :oops:

If I had to be marooned on an island for a time with only one soap it's what I'd pack. ;)

Yes.

http://mikesnaturalsoaps.com/

http://www.coldriversoapworks.com/

I have to say that many think for the money Barrister & Mann is the best and they use tallow in many soaps as well, although I have never tried one:

https://www.barristerandmann.com/
Is it safe to say you are an American living over in America and not here? Apart from other considerations the soaps from the states are expensive to ship to the UK I would have thought ,although I have not tried, wishing to keep the money in the pockets of the UK artisans.

I do believe you're going to like the Wickhams sample you have BM. And based purely on my own experiences I'm guessing you may be hard pressed to notice that it's not got tallow as an ingredient. Be interesting to hear your thoughts after a couple of shaves with it. I find it to be more a ' close to the skin ' type of thick, creamy lather rather than a ' foamy soap monster ' spilling over the edge of the brush . Enjoy.

JohnnyO. o/

I do believe you're going to like the Wickhams sample you have BM. And based purely on my own experiences I'm guessing you may be hard pressed to notice that it's not got tallow as an ingredient. Be interesting to hear your thoughts after a couple of shaves with it. I find it to be more a ' close to the skin ' type of thick, creamy lather rather than a ' foamy soap monster ' spilling over the edge of the brush . Enjoy.

JohnnyO. o/
Thank you, I will let you know, I have high hopes.

Ha, good for you, I realy don't know why you felt the need to tell me these things but thanks for the info all the same old chap.

Just funnin' ya a bit. Where I live we used to have quite a few English tourists visit and I would always bump into to many at a local shooting range where they could rent & shoot firearms. I taught several how to handle them. The ones I have met were very good patriotic people just like most here. I had many an excellent political conversation with them as Europeans seem to have misgivings about some things here based on the media.

Back
Top Bottom