Artisan soaps vs mass produced

Just funnin' ya a bit. Where I live we used to have quite a few English tourists visit and I would always bump into to many at a local shooting range where they could rent & shoot firearms. I taught several how to handle them. The ones I have met were very good patriotic people just like most here. I had many an excellent political conversation with them as Europeans seem to have misgivings about some things here based on the media.
I tend not to take too much notice of British or any other media, most of it being lies and cover up's, I take people as I find them no matter where they come from. Have you ever been over to to UK?

artisan tallow versus artisan non tallow......

different debate there as most of the artisan non tallow seem to be a massive pile of coconut oil, shea butter, and glycerine.

the problem is that a lot of the artisan tallow soaps seem to be their regular non tallow soap with a pat of fat on top to make it "tallow"

artisan tallow versus artisan non tallow......

different debate there as most of the artisan non tallow seem to be a massive pile of coconut oil, shea butter, and glycerine.

the problem is that a lot of the artisan tallow soaps seem to be their regular non tallow soap with a pat of fat on top to make it "tallow"
Be careful when you bend over you are showing your ignorance !

and vice versa, I see paraben in quite a few English mass made soaps, and yet over here in the states weve decided parabens bad for everything cosmetic wise, but not bad for foods.

I have not tried Wickhams shaving soap , now I have no doubt it is a fine soap ,a fine artisan soap and there is only one reason I have not tried it and it's because I am a dyed in the wool tallow soap user.
There is no rhyme or reason for it I just believe that tallow based soaps are better, I have the orignal old spice, tabac, MWF , P&B , OSP, hell I've even got Blue's goats milk tallow soap and Arko in my line up of soaps.
Now if Billy can get a free tub by saying artisan soap was less than good am I not a candidate for convincing that non tallow soaps can be as good as the other artisan tallow soaps by offering me a free tub of your fine soap @Fox ? I will quite understand if you decline because you think I'm a cheeky chancer but I thought it would be worth a try.
All of the above is the absolute truth, I do love tallow in a soap but I am willing to be convinced that non tallow can be as good as tallow.
With kind regards and low expectations , Blademonkey.
and vice versa, I see paraben in quite a few English mass made soaps, and yet over here in the states weve decided parabens bad for everything cosmetic wise, but not bad for foods.
We were talking about artisan soaps and you will find that they are paraben free in UK soaps

Your more than welcome. ;)
DSC_0409_zpsqjbhzc51.jpg

I Received a Puck of Wickhams 1912 Un Scented as Promised by Darron this Morning..Its a Huge Puck & I its Very Inviting & it has a Hint of a Kinda Nutty Scent..I Was Immediately Impressed by the Look & Touch of this Soap..If I Didn't Know any Better I would have thought it was Tallow & I am a Tallow Man through & through..;)

This Old Sheffield SR Came in the Post as Well & I have Just Started Restoring it..I Will have My Next Shave with Darrons Soap & Report Back..:p

Thank You Darron..You are a Gentleman..:D

Billy

Last edited:
DSC_0409_zpsqjbhzc51.jpg

I Received a Puck of Wickhams 1912 Un Scented as Promised by Darren this Morning..Its a Huge Puck & I its Very Inviting & it has a Hint of a Kinda Nutty Scent..I Was Immediately Impressed by the Look & Touch of this Soap..If I Didn't Know any Better I would have thought it was Tallow & I am a Tallow Man through & through..;)

This Old Sheffield SR Came in the Post as Well & I have Just Started Restoring it..I Will have My Next Shave with Darrens Soap & Report Back..:p

Thank You Darren..You are a Gentleman..:D

Billy

You are more than welcome Billy, hope you get along with the soap well.

Just PM'd you regarding a Foxor straight edge razor I have. ;)

Back
Top Bottom