ARKO Shave stick

First time I got Arko I wasn't too keen on the smell either but if you air it for a while its great. Still use it in my rotation and had some of my best shaves with it.

I really like Arko, my MiL brought me some sticks back from Turkey a few months ago.
The smell in the bathroom (to me at least) is really nice if it is left out, slight citrus ting and very nice lather.

Still havent found a local place to sell it.

Arko - funny smell, great shave.

i find it's distinctive aroma compelling - it kind of repulses me but i'm addicted to it.

Maybe that says more about me than Arko.

NotTheStig said:
Just smells like childrens' sweets to me. Sherbert lemons maybe?

Dear NTS,

. Kid's candy? Heh, maybe if they're small kids and they grab that urinal puck without the parents watching. You are a very very strange man.

Me? Strange? I might take that as an insult. Do you want me to put a hundred opened sticks of Tabac in with the Progress I'm lending you? You will have to move out for a month while they deep clean your home.

Or, perhaps, just stay in your home and leave one unwrapped Arko stick in the hallway for 24 hours. That should drown out any other odours !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

The Geordie Shaver said:
Wow , tried it for the first afternoon , what a lather and I think I can live with the smell , it's not that bad to my nose , can't believe the lather though it was so rich .
My only worry is that my skin is tallow and lanolin intolerant ,but, I have taken steps to try and cover this so if this works Arko may well be in my rotation .
Time will tell .

Derrick
P.S. thanks Dunc for the freebie otherwise I would never have tried it .

Well , I loved it , I could have lived with the smell and the lather was instant and luxurious , but , as feared blocked pores , let people with problem skin beware .

Derrick

Just an FYI - Amazon UK will sell you a dozen sticks for £11.99 free p&p.
I know 'cos I now have a cool looking box of the stuff sat on the side.

I just had my first Arko soap experience at the local Turkish barbers. It was exactly as the forum consensus seems to describe - a very rich and moisturising lather, but a sharp lemony scent sadly reminiscent of bathroom cleaner. After the shave, the barber finished off with another Turkish brand of moisturiser and cologne. I have to say, I didn't rate this stuff. The bottles looked like they contained car shampoo and the scents reminded me of a cheap men's shower gel, something with 'sport' in the title.

Back
Top Bottom