ARKO Shave stick

First time I got Arko I wasn't too keen on the smell either but if you air it for a while its great. Still use it in my rotation and had some of my best shaves with it.

I really like Arko, my MiL brought me some sticks back from Turkey a few months ago.
The smell in the bathroom (to me at least) is really nice if it is left out, slight citrus ting and very nice lather.

Still havent found a local place to sell it.

NotTheStig said:
Just smells like childrens' sweets to me. Sherbert lemons maybe?

Dear NTS,

. Kid's candy? Heh, maybe if they're small kids and they grab that urinal puck without the parents watching. You are a very very strange man.

Me? Strange? I might take that as an insult. Do you want me to put a hundred opened sticks of Tabac in with the Progress I'm lending you? You will have to move out for a month while they deep clean your home.

The Geordie Shaver said:
Wow , tried it for the first afternoon , what a lather and I think I can live with the smell , it's not that bad to my nose , can't believe the lather though it was so rich .
My only worry is that my skin is tallow and lanolin intolerant ,but, I have taken steps to try and cover this so if this works Arko may well be in my rotation .
Time will tell .

Derrick
P.S. thanks Dunc for the freebie otherwise I would never have tried it .

Well , I loved it , I could have lived with the smell and the lather was instant and luxurious , but , as feared blocked pores , let people with problem skin beware .

Derrick

Just an FYI - Amazon UK will sell you a dozen sticks for £11.99 free p&p.
I know 'cos I now have a cool looking box of the stuff sat on the side.

I just had my first Arko soap experience at the local Turkish barbers. It was exactly as the forum consensus seems to describe - a very rich and moisturising lather, but a sharp lemony scent sadly reminiscent of bathroom cleaner. After the shave, the barber finished off with another Turkish brand of moisturiser and cologne. I have to say, I didn't rate this stuff. The bottles looked like they contained car shampoo and the scents reminded me of a cheap men's shower gel, something with 'sport' in the title.

Back
Top Bottom