Are these fake Posilver SI ?

I got some from Gemstone (ebay) arrived yesterday , although I've not used the blades before they are the original ones going by all the info on here.

Edit - Same as right hand picture in post 31

I got some from Gemstone (ebay) arrived yesterday , although I've not used the blades before they are the original ones going by all the info on here.

Edit - Same as right hand picture in post 31
Gemstone is a little treasure..He is a small outlet but his prices & quality of goods is beyond reproach..Its very clear to me that there are that many mass produced Counterfeit Blades going around the world that the Mainstream Vendors have been caught with their pants down by trying to cut costs...Counterfeiting is a Multimillion Industry & they are targeting greedy vendors in the West with their desire to cut costs.. :eek:

I have watched their feedback about these blades ...Their get out clause that they are using the same supplier all the time doesn't quite cut it to be honest...There are so many middlemen involved that there is No Vendor that can make such a claim..Vendors like Banks do not want to admit when things go wrong In house ...They put it right back to the customer...There is No Bones about it..;)

Billy

Last edited:
I contacted Glenn at Gemstone this morning asking him whether the ones he has in stock are the ones with Super Iridium written on the blade or the other ones & whether or not he will have them in stock in 100 packs soon. Here is his reply:

We have been selling Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades since February 2014, and have always used the same supplier in that time. The Polsilvers are our best selling blade and in 2015, we sold approximately 60,000 PSI blades, with a 65%/35% split in favour of retail sales over trade sales. We have had no complaints whatsoever in the whole of 2015.

The blades have not changed at all in the last two years, and are exactly as pictured on our website at:

http://gemstonetrading.co.uk/5-10-25-50-100-polsilver-super-iridium-de-double-edge-blades/

We currently buy in batches of 21,600 blades. The blades come in long, thin rectangular boxes with blue 'Gillette' tape branding. Each box contains 10,800 blades divided into 9 plastic bags, each containing 12 cartons of 100 (5 x 20) blades. Until late 2014/early 2015 the PSI blades were distributed in boxes of 10,000, with 10 bags containing 1000 blades each. This change was apparently made to prevent any possibility of blades being wrongly labelled or distributed. It is well known that several different blades are manufactured in the same factory.

Most importantly of all, our supplier has been specifically contacted regarding this issue, and has confirmed that his current supplies are exactly the same as all previous orders, and the blades exactly as pictured.

As you have noticed, our supplies are low, but our next bulk order is expected in the UK in 2 weeks time. Even with considerable pre orders, we will have enough stock for several months, so it would be prudent to wait a couple of weeks (if you can!!) and buy in larger quantities.

So there you have it, if you want the Polsilver's you've always had, Gemstone is where to go.

Opens a bit of a can of worms as to the dodgy ones.

The blades come in long, thin rectangular boxes with blue 'Gillette' tape branding. Each box contains 10,800 blades divided into 9 plastic bags, each containing 12 cartons of 100 (5 x 20) blades. Until late 2014/early 2015 the PSI blades were distributed in boxes of 10,000, with 10 bags containing 1000 blades each. This change was apparently made to prevent any possibility of blades being wrongly labelled or distributed. It is well known that several different blades are manufactured in the same factory.

+1

I have in stock more than 432 000 so don't worry about availability.

No need for that. What do they look like?
2c0yfa.jpg

Rubbish or proper? Just look at the difference in print. :rolleyes:
Only advantage of the dubious blades: No annoying glue spots. :D

I'll happily accept a free sample of 15,000 though as suggested by Nisse ;)

There seems to be a lot of different theories going on since I started this thread back in November, I would just like to reiterate I didn't do it to name and shame Pauls shop, I've used it many times and have always been impressed with price and service.

Delivery received today from Gemstone. Beautiful blades with Super Iridium across the top of the blade. A good price & the usual fantastic service. I now have 300 of these smooth sharp blades & am a very happy customer. Buy with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom