Are these fake Posilver SI ?

Thanks for all the replies chaps, Paul was fine with it and offered to take them back. Like I said it was in no way a poke at him, I've used his shop many times and always had a flawless service. I'll just bin them tbh !

I had the opportunity to put these blades alongside the PSI with name on the blade (the ones I've usually used). I found the unnamed ones rougher to use, the wrapping is grittier and the package rougher. If I look carefully at the box I see the printing is fractionally smaller too, I wouldn't be able to tell unless I had them both.

So I imagine they are at least different batches or different formulations, if not from a different source.

Hope that helps.

I just recieved Polsilver in a sample pack from Connaught, fake or not to me at least by far the worst blade on my list: blunt and rough, maybe a dud or today is just a bad shaving day will give Polsilver another shot but not looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I just recieved Polsilver in a sample pack from Connaught, fake or not to me at least by far the worst blade on my list: blunt and rough, maybe a dud or today is just a bad shaving day will give Polsilver another shot but not looking forward to it.
Polsilver and blunt are not normally words which go together in the same sentence. I've just used one this morning and it was very smooth.

I would strongly suspect dud, not fake, but if the blade shows any sign of problems next time, I would just sling it rather than persisting.

If you want a pack to try from a batch I've had no problems with, drop me a PM with your details and I will drop one in the post.

This is the exact blade I received from Shave Lounge last week - my first Polsilver pack so I wouldn't know the difference.

I'd be surprised if they are fake, or any changes are accidental, if more than one dependable supplier is shipping these?

Where could I purchase 'proper' Polsilvers to give them a try, please? :)

This is the exact blade I received from Shave Lounge last week - my first Polsilver pack so I wouldn't know the difference.

I'd be surprised if they are fake, or any changes are accidental, if more than one dependable supplier is shipping these?

Where could I purchase 'proper' Polsilvers to give them a try, please? :)

I'll send you a pack to try if you let me have your address.

day one: Polsilver first blade - Ouch!
day two: Polsilver a second blade - Ouch!
day three: Astra SP the blade I normally use - Oh! the joy of shaving

I am by no means a blade connoisseur normally only use Astra SP but ordered this sample pack to widen my horizon containing five each of Astra SP, Polsilver, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette 7 o'clock, Feather, Derby, Wilkinson Sword, Treet Platinum, Personna Platinum and SuperMax Super Platinum. Well Polsilver did not cut it but I have read a lot of praise for this blade so will be happy to accept the offer from SeanC re sample from a batch deemed good. Next up for test is Derby .

I have been realising that sometimes, it's not my technique or prep or wrong pairing of razor to blade - sometimes it's a duff blade. When Rapira Swedes are good, they're brilliant but the duffers get you doubting your ability to shave. My advice, bin the duff blade and try another of the same type, ideally from another pack. It's very likely you'll get a better shave.

2c0yfa.jpg

left: Polsilver Super Iridium from Connaugt sample pack vs right: Polsilver thx SeanC from a batch deemed good

Just recieved a pack of Polsilver blades from SeanC will compare shaves tomorrow with the ones from Connaugt but the visual difference is obvious with different paper wrapping, two glue spots on one and none on the other, different text, steel looking different, even smell is different a faint scent of cutting oil being present to my nose in one but not the other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom