Are these fake Posilver SI ?

The blades come in long, thin rectangular boxes with blue 'Gillette' tape branding. Each box contains 10,800 blades divided into 9 plastic bags, each containing 12 cartons of 100 (5 x 20) blades. Until late 2014/early 2015 the PSI blades were distributed in boxes of 10,000, with 10 bags containing 1000 blades each. This change was apparently made to prevent any possibility of blades being wrongly labelled or distributed. It is well known that several different blades are manufactured in the same factory.

Exactly! Here's a picture from my stock.

NFa89Jzl.jpg

I have been told by around 6+ customers that my current stock did not meet their expectations. These were all regular Polsliver users so there is no point offering blades that people don't want.
In my experience Gillette made blades are the hardest, most expensive & changeable blades to stock. Packaging, printing & supplies of these blades has always varied & for some reason the Super Iridium, Polsilver & Gillette Platinum have changed the most over the years.

I have been told by around 6+ customers that my current stock did not meet their expectations. These were all regular Polsliver users so there is no point offering blades that people don't want.
In my experience Gillette made blades are the hardest, most expensive & changeable blades to stock. Packaging, printing & supplies of these blades has always varied & for some reason the Super Iridium, Polsilver & Gillette Platinum have changed the most over the years.

Paul
Whilst I appreciate your sentiments, i'm struggling to comprehend how, bearing in mind thet you have been supplied by the official suppliers, you have been supplied with blades that are differently marked & of an inferior quality to the original blades. This must mean that there is a bigger problem than we first thought as the official lines of supply have been compromised.

It is clear that the blades I most recently stocked are a different batch to the current stock that DCC or Gemstone have.

I am not aware of any date codes or batch numbers that Gillette uses to pin down when & on what line a particular blade is produced. The way that blades are made, in bulk & then stored means that more than one batch can be available at any one time. I don't know if everyone does this but Gillette sets up a line to make a particular brand, runs millions of that brand, stops & sets up again for another brand on the same line.

After further testing I found my stock of Polsilver to feel like they are pulling, but still provide a good clean cut with little to no irritation; not my favourite blades but I do not care for Astra's or Sputniks as they just don't feel sharp enough while shaving. This is how I would describe the very last batch of Super Iridium Extra Stainless blades when they were available in 250's. They were great up until they started to add product or serial no's on the back of the outer wrappers. I struggle to find blades I am really happy with so may be other shavers did not notice this change.

So in short if you're like me & the blade is very important to your shave, buy a good amount of your favourite brand & keep at least one other backup blade. I have a life time supply of Czech made Silver Blues (mid 90's) & I also keep 1,000 Feathers & still have some Gillette Super Silver, Bleue Extra & Super Iridiums as back up.

I just received two tucks of the old blue box Iridium Super blades and while they are a very good blade, I think that St. Pete makes better ones today including the 7 O'Clock series and others.

Perhaps this is as good a time as any to point out the superb & objective blind test done here on the forum regarding blades. For those who haven't used one, I heartily recommend they try the modern 7 O'clock Super Stainless as it is easily the most underrated blade extant IMO. Don't overlook an orchid while looking for a rose. ;)

Back
Top Bottom