April 2022 Acquisitions

Those MSC sets look great! Shame about the baggage
On the bright side, you are in Cape Town. I had a lovely seafood meal in one of the restaurants on the quayside there a few years ago that I still remember fondly, and one of the best steaks I've ever had, served by a gentleman named "Blessing" who, when I asked him to let the chef know how pleased I was, was really happy cos he said it was the chef's first day in the new job so he would be extra happy to hear it. We also managed to get a clear day on Table Mountain so it was us who were blessed. Hope you get reunited with your bags soon.

Those MSC sets look great! Shame about the baggage
On the bright side, you are in Cape Town. I had a lovely seafood meal in one of the restaurants on the quayside there a few years ago that I still remember fondly, and one of the best steaks I've ever had, served by a gentleman named "Blessing" who, when I asked him to let the chef know how pleased I was, was really happy cos he said it was the chef's first day in the new job so he would be extra happy to hear it. We also managed to get a clear day on Table Mountain so it was us who were blessed. Hope you get reunited with your bags soon.
Aye been down here half a dozen times, the Mrs is from here so we come out to visit family. Some of the best steaks I've ever eaten have been down this way, and the weather is decent as well so can't argue! Luckily bags actually did rock up on the following days route so all good now.
I love the MSC base, so easy to get a good lather from especially if your in a hurry. I need to try a few more.
Excellent, I'll be giving it a bash first thing so fingers crossed it works well!

Wife just bought me these two brushes today out the blue.
Both Chisel & Hound although she didn’t realise they didn’t come with knots.
Iv emailed him so getting one with the F14 Fanchurian but unsure what to do with the second.
I am a Boar fan so that’a probably the way i’ll go. i have asked if he can get his hands on a nice boar if not i’ll do it myself 354CC216-9B71-4291-AB1E-1866E70A3C27.png890AB4EE-861C-4D0D-9148-41084925E81D.png

Wife just bought me these two brushes today out the blue.
Both Chisel & Hound although she didn’t realise they didn’t come with knots.
Iv emailed him so getting one with the F14 Fanchurian but unsure what to do with the second.
I am a Boar fan so that’a probably the way i’ll go. i have asked if he can get his hands on a nice boar if not i’ll do it myself View attachment 86939View attachment 86938
Are C&H in the US? If they are, @TobyC can probably recommend some good US boar sources

Are C&H in the US? If they are, @TobyC can probably recommend some good US boar sources
Yes mate
at the moment i’m looking at Turn n shave boars which are also in the states.
Robb Moffat of C&H has told me to ship the knot to him & he’ll put it in free of charge.
Unless i get a better one i’ll go with that, however i do have one of his boar knots & love it but don’t want two the same

This is only a 20mm. (in a 22mm hole)

View attachment 86941
Hi Toby i received an email early this morning from Chisel & Hound and he’s just unsure about the knot being the right size.
He did say he reckoned it could probably fit after i gave him the info you had said but if i didn’t fit i’m delaying shipping so for easiness iv went with this company Hazelet's Apothecary.
i’m not on facebook so i can’t do a lot of research on it but what i have read seems promising and is highly recommend by the brush guy.
This knot is $25.
Iv emailed him back asking what type of knot it is but as yet he’s not got back to me.
I’m off work today so i’ll try look in to the knots a bit more.

Im definitely ordering a couple of the knots you suggest as iv got another two handles in the house.
Thanks for your input it’s actually priceless
Thank You

Back
Top Bottom