Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around? ###COMPLETED####

RE: Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

Hey BigFatBloke - please don't take offense but we need to know you better before entrusting you with expensive kit.. Please ask again in a while, after you have established your credentials.

That, my friend, is no problem at all.

I lurk a lot more than I post, but visit the site several times a day.

After reading that has happened before with members disappearing I can understand the reluctance to lend to relative newbies.

The only suggestion I could make is to have a fund where a deposit is held for those willing to partake in the kind offers. If then there is a problem with a none return a replacement can be sort.

It's a good thought - but we've been running on trust for longer than I've been here. We get stung but rarely compared to the number of 'successsful operations' we enjoy.

Re: RE: Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

thrifty said:
OK, I now have the head.

Tried it out Saturday. 4 days growth (scruffy shit!).
Wash with tea tree oil face scrub.
Made a good lather in a bowl out of Derby soap with a new forest brush.
Loaded a new super Max blade
Fitted it on a DE89 handle....

Needed 3 passes for a respectable finish, and I had one small nick.
Finished off with alum, rinse then nivea sensitive balm.

Verdict?
Certainly better than the 89 head which I wouldn't use for that growth, but not as good as the demon from 2011!!!

OK, on Wednesday I tried again, 3 days stubble,
Same blade but used boots freshwood soap,

Very impressed, as with many blades the second shave is better.... or was I becoming more familiar to the different weight?

..………………

Tonight, with 2 nights growth I tried a third time with the same blade.
A nice menthol lather with proraso tonight!
WTG & XTG resulted in a smooth finish but with some irritation, too much for the blade I think.

Yes very impressed with the head, it cleans well between passes I found.
Could I be tempted to buy one? Maybe at the right price but for now I will make do with a gentle Jaeger 89 and savage 81!

Will try and pass it on tomorrow.

Thanks to all involved

Any takers after p.b..?

This is the pass-around to join for quick action! You'll be top of the list in no time. Literally!

Re: Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

If anyone is put off by it just being a head! Well don't be, it fits most standard handles.

After using my EJ DE89 almost exclusively and now the occasional go with my iKon OSS, I find myself wanting a Weber head now after using it.
I only want the head. I could order the whole razor and sell the handle on.
Carl, once (if?) this pass-around is finished, would you consider selling me the "well-traveled" head?

Mr_Smartepants said:
Carl, once (if?) this pass-around is finished, would you consider selling me the "well-traveled" head?

Morally, I can't. Let me talk to Ed and I'll get back to you.

However, please consider buying a complete razor. There is a certain something about a Weber head on a Classic Weber handle - and for all I know, on a Bulldog. I have Weber heads on several artisan handles and they are great shavers - but I still like the "complete deal" on a regular basis. They were designed to go together, after all.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Will do! I will have to wait until after the new year. I've spent way too much lately.

Hah! define "way too much". If anything is worth doing well, it's worth over-............

when in hole, keep digging till the landscape has changed. She won't notice!

Now here's the thing, Erik. I can sell you the Weber head and donate the noney to a charity of my choice. My choices are the Philippine Appeal and Crisis Xmas Appeal - and they both want money right now. So, can you get it past SWMBO this year or not? Barb at Weber says you've asked them for a head only.

Answers to that question here and serious ones to me by PM, please.

Let's keep the head moving around. I'd rather not take it out of circulation. I love that we get a chance to "try-before-buy" and I don't want to deny that opportunity to someone else.
I already know I want one. I'll probably organize a Weber group-buy in the new year anyway. (...and RazoRock...and MdC...and...)
This forum is hazardous to my wallet.

Well that's Ok in theory - but currently we have a huge loist of p.b. next and then MachM and then we are done - no takers after that, except - and I'd like input on this one, please .......

A highly regarded and trusted member has a colleague who is not a member of TSR but who would like to have a go wit the Weber head. The hr and t member would vouch for his mate, act as guarantor in effect.

Question is - do we let pass-arounds - or this one specifically - go outside our forum?

I see no harm as the waiting list is so short and provided the non-member is always last on the list. The head would be sent to the member and it would remain his responsibility.

The non-member could join TSR , though tthat wouldn't get him round the 'we need to know you' guide.

Thannks to the h r and t member for his transparancy, which is greatly appreciated - and why he is h r and t, of course.

Anyone have any views?

Erik gets a stay of execution!

I would still like to give it a try, just not got a handle I actually like or find easy to use at the moment and as the OH has just split up with me I'm unlikely to be able to sort myself a handle until next year at the earliest.

Charliej said:
I would still like to give it a try, just not got a handle I actually like or find easy to use at the moment and as the OH has just split up with me I'm unlikely to be able to sort myself a handle until next year at the earliest.

Why not talk to Daz or Templ8 and see if one of them can knock you up a cheaper ss handle.

An alu Tech handle and a shiny Weber head are not a good match.

Back
Top Bottom