Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around? ###COMPLETED####

RE: Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

dodgy said:
Hiya,

So is this head a currently made one, or at least sometimes made? Anything special about the metals used? Y'all who know.....does this head shave the same as those other Webers pretty much?

Thanks for any replies.

All Webers shave pretty much like the last and the next one with a little YMMV chucked in and allowing for individual experience - beautifully!! This is the current production model.

The wild response from our American members suggests to me that we may as well get the head over this side and start the ball rolling.

Mr_Smartepants would you PM me your APO address so I can arrange for the head to reach you?

Bechet45 said:
All Webers shave pretty much like the last and the next one with a little YMMV chucked in and allowing for individual experience - beautifully!! This is the current production model.

Thanks Carl

Mr_Smartepants said:
No need. I think all of us have a spare handle to use anyway. Mailing only the head keeps the postage to a minimum too. Besides, use of your own handle was a "pre-existing condition" in the first post.

No problem... and you're right about the postage cost

OK, it took a while, but I finally received the weber head in the post today.
Very nice extras in the box. Thank you!
I haven't had See's candy since I lived in California about 25 years ago!

I have a fresh Rapira blade in it for my Sat evening shave.

Greetings

You were right the first time Martin it's a Merkur in Wolf's clothing namely a longer lasting metal. The Merkur will only last a lifetime, this will last two lifetimes therefore it must be worth four times as much, simples!

Regards
Cynical Dick who has never ever shaved with one!

Up to yiou guys to make sure the current holder has your address so he can forward the Weber head to you - order of receiving according to order of posting your interest.

Newcomers more than welcome - just join the queue, which is very short at the moment.

Looks to me like the pass-around list is the following:
Mr_Smartepants (has possession)
SimonS (Next in line)
fly3k
Charliej
thrifty
p.b

@SimonS, please PM me your address so I can send it on after I've had my fun with it.

Boy am I glad I used a 'forgiving' blade in this head. The blade exposure is quite a bit more than the EJ DE89 I'm used to. Very aggressive!
On a good note, that meant it forced me to slow down and concentrate on what I was doing and leave the contact to as minimal as possible.
BBS in 2 passes! Not something I've been able to accomplish with the DE89.
No nicks, but I haven't been this scared since my first attempt at DE shaving!

Assuming we don't have a rogue head and ours is just a normal Weber shiny head -

I think it's about starting points, what you are used to. I zip round my face with Weber razors and feel perfectly relaxed, get a lovely close, easy shave. I've not used an EJ89 in an age but last time I did, I kept stopping to check I had a blade in it and wanted to press in all the time.

I think concentrating is a good thing - brings mindfullness to our shaving meditation and helps us enjoy our hobby. Compare to a shave with cartridge and goo from which we can get a close shave but no satisfaction whatsoever.

Hopeefully, with a few more shaves, you will relax with this razor, Erik. And good advice for all 89 users on the list - use a forgiving blade to start with!

Very true.
Treat it like a virgin (gently and with respect) and you'll be rewarded.
Today was day-2 with a Rapira blade in the Weber head. Much better today.
BBS in 2.2 passes (little cleanup on the jaw ridgeline) with zero irritation. I'm starting to appreciate how efficient this head really is.
After tomorrow, I'll switch to a Supermax super platinum (my current favorite) and see how it compares.
The head will travel to its next home by the weekend (I'll be sorry to see her go).

These heads are replaceable, easily purchased - Ed's reward for so kindly giving this one away.

Shaved today with the Supermax blade and oddly it wasn't as nice as with my EJ DE89. I guess certain blades suit different heads as well.
I'll give it another go tomorrow morning then it'll get an alcohol bath and wrapped up neat for its journey to SimonS. Should be with you for the weekend Simon.
Thank you for the loan! Much appreciated.

Evening All,

I have a DLC so would be interested to compare it to that if at all possible?

Ad

Back
Top Bottom