Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around? ###COMPLETED####

RE: Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

Arrived safe and sound :)

Will have a few shaves and then send it on.

fly3k if you could pm your address in the next few days when ive finished i will get it to you.

Cheers
Simon

A - W said:
Evening All,

I have a DLC so would be interested to compare it to that if at all possible?

Ad

The list is not long. Watch the progress of the head and ten PM who ever is before you at the appropriate time.

Would be very useful if you posted the list as it stands with you on the end.

I've had 3 shaves with the Weber and very nice it is too:icon_razz:

I used Gillette Blacks and Polsilver blades, face lathered with palmolive. I shave every evening alternating between 2 passes and 3 passes.

I normally shave with a EJ89 with my beautiful UFO ss Goliath, I noticed that with 2 passes the Weber shaved closer but was not quite as smooth as the EJ.
Because the blade exposure is greater on the Weber I had a little trouble with beneath my jawline, with the EJ I can 'buff' till my hearts content.

All in all a fun experience and with practice i'm sure it would be an awesome shaver for me.

Would i buy one?
I don't really know, the heft and feel of the head is terrific, but the ease of the EJ suits me.

Many thanks for letting me try a great razor I was going to buy blind, thinking i was missing my 'grail':icon_razz:

As always YMMV:angel:

Steve (fly3k) the razor should be posted tomorrow...wife dependant!

Thanks TSR....Gentlemen all:heart:

I just purchased a weber ss , but you need the handle to go with it. the bulldog handle is 6g more than the feather handle, and that is a heavy handle also, but you definitely notice it is heavier. Good razor and great idea.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on this pass around this time round, time and funds have meant I have no handle other than a standard alu-tech one to use with it and I hate that handle it's just way too short and fiddly and I don't think would do the Weber any justice.

Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

Used it tonight with the Atlas handle I have wasn't the smoothest or closest of shaves but will give it a few more goes to give it a fair test. Used a Gillette green 7 o'clock which usually works well for me in any razor.

The weber is all about the weight in the handle, the fatboy handle weighs 67.5g, the feather handle which is also solid weighs 60.7g. The feather is 6.8g lighter than the one that should be used with this head. As I have stated you do really notice the weight of this thing, weigh your handle, this will give you some indication of how near your handle is to the weight of a weber handle. Hope this helps, as with the weight it is quite aggressive and is a no nonsense approach to shaving.

Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

It's on it's way to thrifty. I am very grateful for the opportunity to try it and get that particular monkey off my back. He is safely in his cage now never to be released, it was just a bit too mild for me personally.

The list is still very short - and not far from running out, I think. Any more for any more? All are welcome!

I'm guessing the shortness of the list is down to most everyone already owing a Weber or two.

Re: Appetite for Weber Shiny Pass Around?

OK, I now have the head.

Tried it out Saturday. 4 days growth (scruffy shit!).
Wash with tea tree oil face scrub.
Made a good lather in a bowl out of Derby soap with a new forest brush.
Loaded a new super Max blade
Fitted it on a DE89 handle....

Needed 3 passes for a respectable finish, and I had one small nick.
Finished off with alum, rinse then nivea sensitive balm.

Verdict?
Certainly better than the 89 head which I wouldn't use for that growth, but not as good as the demon from 2011!!!

Back
Top Bottom