Anyone into building their own PC's?

I run a TRZK 5000 Pumpf Spoke with the WKYT 900 Giggle Pin connected aviarily. By smucktating the pimhole I'm easily frangilating 9TB of GzHx a minute.

Yeah, you heard ... a minute!

Thank you, Vincent. Due to this utterly hilarious comment, I may well have to build my own PC as I was drinking my tea when I read your post. Is there an option for water or preferably, tea proof screens and keyboards, etc? Smucktating the pimhole indeed!

Used to build my own PCs, fretting over framerates and 3DMark scores, but I had an epiphany. Full on Mac-Boy Represent & an XBox. No more scrapped knuckles, trying to work out 'is this pin for the HDD light or the Reset button?' bollocks. I don't have the time nor the patience anymore. When honourable No 1 son announced he was building a new rig, I gave him simple words of advice - 'Jog On!!'

I actually quite enjoy building them personally!.It also saves £Â£'s,and I can pick and choose what goes in it,so I am not paying for what I don't need.I am a casual gamer,so when I do fire it up,everything looks/runs fairly decent,and I can control all games/emulators using an Xbox 360 wireless controller.
@Ratty ,the actual Corsair unit is awesome,but the monitoring software is a bit hit and miss!.

I build em cos it's my job, or at least it used to be, more of a desk jockey now but I still get my hands dirty every now and then.
By building it myself I get a better, faster PC for my money and most of the expensive bits in the present one are 5 year warranty (PSU is longer!). You have to send them off yourself but nice to know you're covered.

The faster bit is important cos I've spent years now sodding around on other peoples knackered old rubbish in pissy little cases, when I go home I want it as wick as a lop!
And yes I actually enjoy it even the frustrating "WHY WON'T YOU WORK YOU BASTARD!" bits! I get a buzz from solving them.

I have a Gigabyte mobo with the Creative X-Fi soundchip on board. But lost all the sound apps when I upgraded to Windows 10 (unsupported) - put a Creative Z card in and OMG its fab! Been pumping the tunes out in the study all week now.

That said - can anyone recommend a TV Tuner card that's Windows 10 compatible and has software that doesn't look like Windows 3.1?

Ratty

I've built my own since 2000 (where i wasted £750 on a dog of a system) a mate showed me the in's and outs. Though i have never been top end of the market , as i dont game on them. I just go for storage, stability and general use.

here's an interesting one for yous:
My home built PC approaching 5 year old has started acting up on power on.
Sometimes it will power on the first push (becoming rare!),more likely though it powers on, i.e CPU/case fan spins up,but nothign happens. A reset will maybe bring up the BIOS splash screen, other times I will get the main board splash screen. Eventually after multiple resets it will power up normally and be 100% functional in use.
WTF is causing it?

here's an interesting one for yous:
My home built PC approaching 5 year old has started acting up on power on.
Sometimes it will power on the first push (becoming rare!),more likely though it powers on, i.e CPU/case fan spins up,but nothign happens. A reset will maybe bring up the BIOS splash screen, other times I will get the main board splash screen. Eventually after multiple resets it will power up normally and be 100% functional in use.
WTF is causing it?
It sounds like the PSU is on its way out to me.
I would start by opening it up and seeing how much dust is in there first,if it was anything like mine,even after 18 months,it was scary!,and that is with multiple dust filters. Get rid of that,then take it from there.

Power would be my guess too. I presume Dr Terror means open up the PC rather the PSU...
Worth giving the PSU a blast with air or a suck with the vacuum. If it has a fan remember to stop it turning with a tooth pick, end of a cable tie etc. not good to spin them by air.
A cheapy tester is always handy (Simple LED tester on Amazon) to have in your kit.

Power would be my guess too. I presume Dr Terror means open up the PC rather the PSU...
Worth giving the PSU a blast with air or a suck with the vacuum. If it has a fan remember to stop it turning with a tooth pick, end of a cable tie etc. not good to spin them by air.
A cheapy tester is always handy (Simple LED tester on Amazon) to have in your kit.
Yep!,I meant the case!.I have 8 Corsair silent fans in the case,and I cleaned the gunk off the fins with a cotton bud (q-tip),I did the same to the PSU's fan too.And I then cleaned out my vacuum,put a new filter in it,set it to 'blow',and after a while,put the thin attachment on the hose,and blasted out all the dust...
That is one handy gadget to have CoU!.Have to get one of those myself.

I go with Henry with his dusting/brush attachment set on suck! So far I haven't lost any caps or cards...
In the workshop we use cans of air (in the delivery bay) or a sealed cartridge Toner Vac.

I go with Henry with his dusting/brush attachment set on suck! So far I haven't lost any caps or cards...
In the workshop we use cans of air (in the delivery bay) or a sealed cartridge Toner Vac.
I have got some cans of air,but they spit out liquid,so I didnt use them in the end.I have a vaccum called a Majestic Filter Queen,it takes these conical filters,and they filter out virtually everything,so after blowing the dust from the hose for a minute or two,it is good to go!,and boy!,does it blow!.

Back
Top Bottom