Any recommendations as to decent creams

Just can't wait to get home and have a field day and especially as I am in Manchester (a concert) on the weekend of the 23rd which will give me an opportunity to explore the city on the shaving front as the shops do seem to be more varied.

Don't get to excited there are not many places in Manchester that sell wet shaving gear. There is a tobacconist in a arcade off King street that does a fair bit of stuff, then just the usual high street stuff.

Probably the same place. Their website gives the impression they have a bit more in stock than your usual 'high street' chain which is all we have in Liverpool, and wet shaving choice being very limited at that. Be worth a visit though as I am stopping over in the vicinity and may as well drop in and see.

The usual Selfridges, Harvey Nicks and the other main department stores all advertise wet shave on line, but actually visit their shops and little to be found.

I've not tried any of the creams mentioned by the OP, but my "go to" cream is Taylors of Old Bond Street. I also like Trumpers and Harris creams, but they're quite a bit more expensive tha TOBS cream. I've also found less expensive creams to be very good: The Body Shop Maca Root, The Real Shaving Co, Erasmic, Arko, Palmolive, Ingrams and Nivea. But, in the final analysis nothing can beat TOBS Rose and Lavender creams.

Probably the same place. Their website gives the impression they have a bit more in stock than your usual 'high street' chain which is all we have in Liverpool, and wet shaving choice being very limited at that. Be worth a visit though as I am stopping over in the vicinity and may as well drop in and see.

The usual Selfridges, Harvey Nicks and the other main department stores all advertise wet shave on line, but actually visit their shops and little to be found.

I am also in Liverpool. The Master Barber shop on Lord Street, Southport stocks a vast array of wet shaving goodies. They do Floris, Penhaligons, Proraso & GFT to name a few as well as razors and brushes. A bit dearer than shopping online but at least you can check out the stuff in person and they are really helpful too

"The Master Barber shop on Lord Street, Southport stocks a vast array of wet shaving goodies"

Thanks for the information and I am sure whereabouts it is. Spend a bit of time in Southport as live Waterloo end of the city so somewhere new to have a look at. Appreciated.

Kent is very nice, as already mentioned. I quite like Crabtree & Evelyn creams, although I've only tried the West Indian limes scent. And what a great scent it is too... mmm. You might have a store nearby?

"I quite like Crabtree & Evelyn creams"

I think there is a C&E shop over in Chester so might be worth a visit at some point. The more people write the more I realise there are actually quite a few outlets around and I just need to look. Then again until recently I was never really a 'let's have a proper shave' person.

Neslo - Thanks the offer and may take it up when I get back home on the 20th and can PM you. I work away at sea. In passing do you know the name of the new barbers opposite Moor Lane shopping and across from the Oxfam shop? Next to Optispecs(I think?) and used to be a gentleman's outfitters. .

"I quite like Crabtree & Evelyn creams"

I think there is a C&E shop over in Chester so might be worth a visit at some point. The more people write the more I realise there are actually quite a few outlets around and I just need to look. Then again until recently I was never really a 'let's have a proper shave' person.

Neslo - Thanks the offer and may take it up when I get back home on the 20th and can PM you. I work away at sea. In passing do you know the name of the new barbers opposite Moor Lane shopping and across from the Oxfam shop? Next to Optispecs(I think?) and used to be a gentleman's outfitters. .

Wildings I think its called

Back
Top Bottom