Any recommendations as to decent creams

I was going to suggest Castle Forbes, but note that you've already tried it. I have the lavender and am struggling to use anything else.

Certainly a hard act to follow. Also finding the Trufitt and Hill to be a really nice cream. In fact there are so many great creams out there one can get easily lost

I have the lavender and am struggling to use anything else.

I am actually allergic to Lavender so have to be careful with it. I love the smell but have to shy away from it.

Now have some ADP but in tub. So far hard to say how I feel about it, but when I get home I am expecting great things

I would recommend Esbjerg shaving cream, it's very good for folks with sensitive skin and the performance is top notch.

Pretty good value as well.

One thing about creams, if buying loads and rotating, just remember they can dry out.
I would suggest the following:
Murdock
Vicco
TOBS Eton College
icolonialli rhubarb cream
XPEC
D. R. HARRIS Arlington
D. R. HARRIS Marlborough
Speick
Musgo Real

I like Proraso. Kent is also very good if you like a bit of menthol. Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian limes is also very nice if you fancy something a little different - fantastic scent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triumph & Disaster and Occams crushed lime in current heavy rotation. I like Kent plus clearance GFT,and Lea to be opened. For brushless which I purchased at the same time as my brush I have Ursa. Proaso is good but get the small size - the big tube lasted 6 months. Look for samples. Part of my shaving enjoyment is trying different creams.

I've just had a little read up of that, it's described as a sandalwood & moss scent, sounds nice. How does it compare to Musgo Real ( if you've used it?)

To my nose, the Musgo has a slightly soapier, fresher and cleaner scent, and on scent alone I would perhaps choose it over the Lea. The Lea does smell similar - as though it belongs to the same 'fragrance family', so to speak, but my nose can detect the hint of menthol in the Lea.

Performance wise it's the Lea all the way for me - it consistently delivers smooth, nick and irritation-free shaves, and the post-shave feel (paired with the Lea Classic splash), is first rate in my experience. For me, the Musgo has been no more than 'OK', but I do have to confess to a bias towards the cooling effect of menthol.

To my nose, the Musgo has a slightly soapier, fresher and cleaner scent, and on scent alone I would perhaps choose it over the Lea. The Lea does smell similar - as though it belongs to the same 'fragrance family', so to speak, but my nose can detect the hint of menthol in the Lea.

Performance wise it's the Lea all the way for me - it consistently delivers smooth, nick and irritation-free shaves, and the post-shave feel (paired with the Lea Classic splash), is first rate in my experience. For me, the Musgo has been no more than 'OK', but I do have to confess to a bias towards the cooling effect of menthol.
Thanks for the response. Sounds good, I'll check it out some time as I think the performance of Musgo is as excellent for a cream. Agree about the 'soapy' smell of Musgo Real, I get slight hints Imperial Leather soap with it, which I really like & have been searching for in a soap or cream.

Back
Top Bottom