Acquisitions - week Mar. 7th to Mar. 13th incl.

IanM said:
Feather Artist Club RG non-folding razor and a handful of Pro SUPER blades arrived today :)

Ian

Now you're talking.

Never tried a non-folding one but used my folding ones in the same way.

You've got me tempted now.

A sample pack from Truefitt & Hill. Ordered online, last night. Delivered today. How did they do that? I'm going to have to have a weekend shave just to test some of the products!

mattlad said:
quattrojames said:
"Sharp Practice" by Anders Larsen.

I've got "Sharp Practice" too, I've enjoyed it. What do you think of it?

It's going to take me a while to read it due to life pressures! :roll: It may well be a holiday book for May, but I'll be sure to let you know!

It looks like an easy going, light hearted and interesting read though.

Just dropped through the letterbox:- Merkur 39C slantbar and an alum block in case it turns out to be more of a razor than I'm a man! :eek:

C360_2011-03-12 10-34-58 by gingerpose

C360_2011-03-12 11-07-44 by gingerpose, on Flickr

First upload with Flickr, think I prefer photobucket for ease of use, but my phone us set up for Flickr.

Anyway, a brief review. This is the Mühle R99 travel case, with my EJ De89bl. Case has a wooden insert for the razor and a flip section to hold a pack of blades. The case holds the razor snugly once closed, and nothing rattles inside (the wooden insert will need very slight buffing with a Dremel type thing, as one of the rings on the razor handle means it doesn't sit quite right - but this is a tiny detail)

The case came with plenty of additional stuff, leaflets about shaving techniques, other products available, two copies (shown) of the Shaving Mirror magazine -who says Germans have no sense of humour! The tiny shaving brush pictured also came with the case, and is presumably intended for hobbits to lather up with.

I ordered online from the manufacturer's website, after a couple of email enquiries, which were dealt with very efficiently. Delivery was within 4 days, the case came in a white cardboard box, which was then placed inside a larger box with the other material, packed out with tissue paper to ensure a snug fit.

Build quality is good - my pictures don't really do it justice. It really is very nice to look at.

All in all, highly recommended - ideal for travelling or if you wish to make a presentation box for a shaving convert.

Regards,

Ainslie

New Forest 2213
rlx0k9.jpg

I got the same case from Timothy Edwards when they had the old Muhle R41, Irish Barber had them as well but I can;t see them there. Only other place is direct from Muhle. It is a lovely case

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muehle-shaving.com/shop/straight___safety_razors/1/box_for_double_edge_razor/147/147/R_99">http://www.muehle-shaving.com/shop/stra ... 7/147/R_99</a><!-- m -->

joe mcclaine said:
IanM said:
Feather Artist Club RG non-folding razor and a handful of Pro SUPER blades arrived today :)

Ian

Now you're talking.

Dropped on this one on eBay. I was the only bidder.

Ian

IanM said:
joe mcclaine said:
IanM said:

Ian

Now you're talking.

Dropped on this one on eBay. I was the only bidder.

Ian

Saw one last week, £50, I think. Was tempted.

My first two straights (a NOS Solingen 5/8 Gebr. Lützenkirchen Seehund 1015 and a NOS Solingen 4/8 Garantie) back from honing by Neil along with one of his basic 2.5" latigo strops. The razors went missing in the Royal Mail system for a few weeks but after I'd given up hope they landed with Neil early this week.

f6f8d536.jpg

I don't have the courage to try them this weekend as I have an important conference presentation early next week and I'm a bit worried how cack handed I may be. I'll get stuck once I get back though. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you all.

Back
Top Bottom