Acquisitions - week Mar. 7th to Mar. 13th incl.

Slick said:
1958 superspeed TV special in case with blades. (cantwait!!)
Nacets and yellows
Palmolive sensitive and Vulfix soap and bowl. (tks IDS)
cheers
Tim.

No thank you matey, I think.....,.wait I can stop looking at watches!

I received yesterday a Muhle R99 travel case. There are sadly no pics yet due to lack of daylight photo opportunism, but I will get some done tomorrow morning.

I ordered the case a few days ago direct from the Muhle webshop, I must say, their response to emails is exemplary - very quick and personal.

To the case. It is naturally designed for the Muhle range, however my EJ 99bl fits in perfectly. Once closed, the razor is securely held in place, no rattling about. There is a sprung section for holding a pack of blades. All in all, it looks very nice.

They even include a mini ( I mean tiny) shaving brush with the M logo, on a string (keyring?) and two copies of the newsletter "The Shaving Mirror" in english.

Overall I am rather impressed with both the purchase and the company - I suspect I shall soon be buying more Muhle wares.

Pics up soon

Regards

Ainslie

My group buy soaps arrived today ready for tomorrows shave! In the current theme one was was a little flat!

Cheers Jim for doing it all.

JayX said:
Complete newbie here, but had a hot towel shave at a local barbers the other week and it was much nicer than hacking my face up with a Mach-3. Curiosity has led me to a £45 Amazon spending spree!

* Edwin Jagger Imitation Ivory Double Edge Safety Razor With Pack Of 5 Blades
* Edwin Jagger Handmade Imitation Ebony Shaving Brush ( Best Badger Hair ) With Drip Stand - Small
* Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Shave Soap In Bowl 100g

I bought these before I discovered your forum, but they seem to be pretty solid choices for starting out so I think I've lucked out! I was restricted on what I could have by budget (although I'm not one for buying the cheapest way in then complaining it doesn't meet expected standards) and the fact I wanted to order it all via my Amazon Prime account before it runs out! I would've bought the Taylor of Old Bond Street if they had it, as that's what my barber used.

Also picked up a £3 Boots own brand soap thing which will be useful as I'm going to my parents' for a few weeks and don't really want to take the C&E with me in case it gets damaged in transit.

Spend £5 on a 'BullDog' branded aftershave balm because I'm a sucker for anything with dogs :D I can't find much in the way of reviews, but the ones I've read seemed somewhat positive and it wasn't expensive.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

In addition to the ball-end Tech earlier this week, I also received a vintage metal Contour handle today. As I still sometimes use Contour cartridges for speed shaves or when travelling, I've been looking for a better quality handle to make the experience closer to my DE shaves.

I was pleased to win this one for 99p from a UK seller :cool:. It weighs 39g without cartridge, so has a reassuring amount of heft to it, and indeed is heavier than the Tech (a featherweight 28g!).

Jos

Attachments

• PA210592.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 98
JayX said:
Spend £5 on a 'BullDog' branded aftershave balm because I'm a sucker for anything with dogs :D I can't find much in the way of reviews, but the ones I've read seemed somewhat positive and it wasn't expensive.

Wish me luck!

Welcome to TSR! I've also been using the Bulldog asb for a couple of months now. It's a real favourite of mine - non-greasy, no irritation and it smells great too :) . You've chosen an excellent razor/brush setup to start with. Enjoy!

Jos

From Andy Via Max

65aae43d.jpg

What have I done now

Back
Top Bottom