Acquisitions w/c 1st - 7th August incl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingerpose said:
Hax said:
Just got home to some Floid, freshly delivered from Italia! :)

Floid.jpg

"Some"?

An alcoholic floyd drinker...

Ainslie, Balmedie as in slightly north of Aberdeen? (got a depot in Blackdog...)

hunnymonster said:
He's been talking to pedro083 who has 837 bottles on hand.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

hunnymonster said:
A Gillette Old - scruffy box, scruffy razor (well it was) - obviously silver plated given the smell of the tarnish... has had a cursory clean and there's no cracking to the handle at all. Serial number is in the M series so 1920 manufacture.

Was that the one in very tarnished state with 20 quid BIN price?

Hax said:
Just got home to some Floid, freshly delivered from Italia! :)

Quite a bit of blue liquid there but nonetheless well done and don't listen to anyone :p

I've done something waaaaay worse today that I honestly don't dare to report (...yet)

(and when you hear me saying that I don't dare to report something then you know we've got them really wondering, Hax) :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

3 Straights from Ebay bought for not a lot!

Thomas Turner &co "Lancet Edge" (Cutlers to his majesty)
Good condition I won't unpin it really just needs polishing out of some water marks on the blade and light sand on part of the spine and honing.
35bchef.jpg

An unbranded shoulderless German silver steel razor. I really like the look of it!
Very good condition still popping hairs, just needs a good polish and hone. Some unusual cut aways on the toe end of the spine.
2a5fc00.jpg

Crown and Castle Hollow Ground Hamburg Ring
The blade frowns near the heal and smiles towards the toe, and with some heavy hone wear this is the least good. The pivot pin has had it so I'll unpin and buff this one but still it should make a serviceable razor.
14albn7.jpg

Spotted these on the John Lewis website so popped along today, elbowed all the baby-boomers out of the way and purchased;

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shave Cream, 100ml £6.95 (last one on the shelf)
http://www.johnlewis.com/231282410/Product.aspx

Truefitt & Hill No.10 Post Shave Cologne Balm, 50ml, Price £9
http://www.johnlewis.com/231264717/Product.aspx

http://www.johnlewis.com/231264718/Product.aspx
Truefitt & Hill No.10 Finest Shaving Cream, 200ml, Price £8 (last one on the shelf)

Hiya,

Well, let's see what we have here...shall we? There's a cased Toggle and also a Kirby in a beautiful blue lizard skin box. The other item would be the almost mythical Gillette 195 adjustable. I have never seen one of these in the wild.

Yeah, that 195 has been..........consider it my silverback of the primates. Been wanting to try one for years with no luck. It's first on my list of things I wanna test drive sometime. Those other two razors I mentioned are also on the wish list as back ups.

I'm gonna visit a flea market this morning, and I hope to find all three razors there.......plus maybe a few others. In the past I've had some luck there, and I'm always the optimist. Should be lots of sellers anyway.

Oh...........I just realized something. Heh, some of you musta thought I already had acquired those items. Nope, they're just more shaving crap I'd like to find. I am extremely sorry if any of the gentle readers got the wrong idea..........excruciatingly sorry.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom