Acquisitions Mon 9th Feb - Sun 15th Feb

This thing arrived yesterday from Argentina:
b80g9k.jpg

fancontroller said:
Congratulations Brian.

Got my ridged shaving bowl from Fine Accoutrements, took just over a week all the way from USA (made in Thailand).
It's a simple porcelain bowl but the thing that makes it stand out is that someone has thought long and hard about the design. It fits nicely in my palm with my thumb going through the handle or it can be held like a mug with my thumb resting on the top of the handle. It's shallow enough not to clank against the brush but deep enough to hold a deal of lather and wide enough for lots of brush motion. Handle acts as a brush stand and ridges there to do business.

Such a simple design and well executed. I'll be giving this a go tomorrow.

Shown here against my Vulfix 404 mixed brush for size comparison.
Acquire%20150213-1_zpscaxscgow.jpg

Acquire%20150213-2_zpsyimeggpy.jpg

Oww thats very slick!

Today arrived 2 x Wickham Club Cola Super Smooth courtesy of Connaught Shaving. After having tried the sampler I just HAD to get this, especially as it might never be made again. Luckily the TSRNIS 10% code worked for this, so in essense free shipping :)
Yay!

flip-68 said:
p.b said:
Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic and a Futur style handle for my Mongoose head. Made in the machine shop at work, a little bit rough in comparison to some of the more polished machinists on this forum but if the design works in making the razor less head-heavy then I'll work on it's presentation.

PICTURES! :)

Here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=31166

Steve Woodhead scuttle from SWMBO, ikon OSS deluxe, ikon OC deluxe, ikon standard deluxe, ikon razor stand, frank shaving purtech plus about 100 mixed blades.
Traded a few items and didn't mean to get three ikons in a week. Looking to shift at least one on but they all look so good.
No software this week but a few ideas for next week. Just need some funds.

I recently managed to obtain my holiest of holy grails, an NOS vintage (sticker had to be replaced) Plisson Plexiglass HWM, Size 18:

WTjT3s9.jpg

I1130E3.jpg

kBfmnUT.jpg

Here it is alongside a Chubby 2 2-Band Silvertip, for size and hair comparison purposes:

5fSUbWB.jpg

TheMonk said:
I recently managed to obtain my holiest of holy grails, an NOS vintage (sticker had to be replaced) Plisson Plexiglass HWM, Size 18:

WTjT3s9.jpg

I1130E3.jpg

kBfmnUT.jpg

Here it is alongside a Chubby 2 2-Band Silvertip, for size and hair comparison purposes:

5fSUbWB.jpg

Love it

TheMonk said:

WTjT3s9.jpg

I1130E3.jpg

kBfmnUT.jpg

5fSUbWB.jpg
This is only the second brush in a long time that has properly grabbed my attention. The other was another Plisson of yours. Ugh!

TheMonk said:

WTjT3s9.jpg

I1130E3.jpg

kBfmnUT.jpg

5fSUbWB.jpg

Oh lord that's beautiful! I am guessing there is a stand with it? More pics?

Back
Top Bottom