Acquisitions - February 2024

Gile form Highlander Brushes has just sent me pictures of the Leeds United Brush he has made for me. I love it. Hope you like the Brush, even though I know the inspiration may not be to everyones taste, I hope you like the Brush.View attachment 117509View attachment 117510View attachment 117511
Thank you Wayne. Inspiration came from away kit of the Leeds United. Wayne gave me freedom to do the brush the way I wanted and made the whole process and communication easy as it gets. Hope it'll serve you well.
leeds home kit.jpg

I thought so too.
Bit more than I wanted to spend (a bit more than the 21p on the sticker) but worth it to me.
Taking pride of place here till I find a better location for it.
View attachment 117515

Love the Goya desk and tempted to pull out my Wilkies for a shot - although some are still in pillar boxes, which would be sacrilege ...

Last edited:
Thank you both!

I'd love to see the Wilkies even in their pillars.

I do have some in pillars in storage. They're a later production run. Probably 1990s. I have some more blister packs in storage too.
I wish I could just have everything in one place!

I'm really pleased with the Goya desk. I won it on Ebay for about £2.something a couple of years ago. It is in fairly poor condition but one of my favourite shaving-related possessions.
I'm glad you both like it. I'm glad it has survived so long.
Here's the top, flipped upside down for correct orientation

IMG_20240225_214927.jpg

20240226_140232.jpg

Fakhrul Oud by Al Aneeq 100ml spray EdP. I have the concentrated oil of this in a little 3ml roller bottle but I love it so much that when I saw the EdP come up for under £30 on that well known site named after a rain forest it was a no brainer. Inside, they'd cleverly included a tiny sample spray of Oud Malaki and that's nice too, so it's probably only a matter of time before I get that too. I love warm spicy scent much more than fresh marine or citrus, although I do wear them too sometimes.

Can you spot the spelling mistake on the back of one of the individual wraps @NotTheStig?

It says the same (albeit without the mistake) on the New Treets:

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 17.40.34 pm.png

I reckon these are indeed Treet.
They are labelled A/B on the blade faces which corresponds with how Treet are now marking blades rather than 1234 on the edges.

Specially treated edge?

Well, from the new infographics on the Treet website that'll be chrome as these are most likely the Classic carbon (same as New Steel now as Classic appears to have been dropped). See: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/maybe-treet-have-consolidated-their-lines.59110/

Can you spot the spelling mistake on the back of one of the individual wraps @NotTheStig?

It says the same (albeit without the mistake) on the New Treets:

View attachment 117539

I reckon these are indeed Treet.
They are labelled A/B on the blade faces which corresponds with how Treet are now marking blades rather than 1234 on the edges.

Specially treated edge?

Well, from the new infographics on the Treet website that'll be chrome as these are most likely the Classic carbon (same as New Steel now as Classic appears to have been dropped). See: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/maybe-treet-have-consolidated-their-lines.59110/
Yes mine do say "wil" [sic] instead of "will".
They do also have A side and B side markings on the blade.
Interesting about the chrome. Don't know why they didn't advertise these things all along.
I also found that infographic you posted repeated a lot of info for each blade so it's still difficult to tell the real differences.

Interestingly I ordered some New Steel but received Classic.
Also ordered some Durasharp and received the blue variety. I have seen yellows but since I haven't tried either I'm not fussed at this time.

I may give the Razer a go tonight but I have twelve other blades I haven't tried so it's difficult to choose!
IMG_20240226_114418.jpgIMG_20240226_114819.jpg

If you've tried the Israeli vs German Personna Platinum Chrome ... the Treet Durasharp Yellow vs Blue is much the same debate. Very little in it and any difference is likely down to the age of the blade. Having used the blue and yellow back to back not so long ago, the blue is maybe a tad sharper while the yellow is maybe a tad smoother ... but all moot by the second shave. I'm very happy with my stash of blues and not too misty-eyed for the yellows (although I do have a good stash).

As for the New Steel vs Classic, well again ... likely it's an age of the blade thing, if anything. Having used Treets for a good while and know the blades very well, it is fair to say the Classics and the New Treet and the New Steel are the same blade. Classic vs Durasharp is, I think, just a matter if finishing.

I am inclined to say that they have four blades: Treet Platinum (Stainless) then Durasharp, New Steel and Black Beauty (all Carbon). Everything else is just branding and any of these remixes are most likely the New Steel (was Classic).

Back
Top Bottom