Acquisitions - April 2024

Imperial Leather shaving bowl of a different (and lighter) design than the (older?) ones with embossed lid.

AP1GczPu6Ee69ouS1Nflp9faZSoKflxpUGkix97XjoTbCqApJ5Il0ha9RaMA7japk2knplAI43swk3k_wRXXrcscRoaOfoaFLWEgPFtD24LG3njeivLWwOFVHhSs-G7x95AAmuYytdPkInOMix6htBlTy8AWBQ=w1200

AP1GczMfFVuDp4kzBleZsIWhNnSUeCOiRnYwPhWgWnRVUvc8oGVvMPafANCYwVPpB7DmSupA1WahHxFg9a-Wp2skeZo-V2v-dv0ZBmaou0THEBgC5QoJ-uSB3190064IFc-LWyYWsB7nw41GHak1rQ-rluv0tQ=w1200

• Classic:- It's no wonder the Arko Shave Soap is one of the biggest selling shave soaps worldwide, punching above it's weight at a very low price point, producing a wonderfully rich, creamy lather that protects and prevents drag.
  • Traditional scent:- clean, fresh and lemony, brings you right back into a traditional barber shop.
I’ve gotta be in the mood for it but it’s good stuff regardless.

And @pjgh that Imperial Leather looks wonderful. Old tallow British soap with the genuine Imperial Leather scent? Marvellous.

Last edited:
@pjgh that Imperial Leather looks wonderful. Old tallow British soap with the genuine Imperial Leather scent? Marvellous.

Cheers! Yeah, sure is! I have the older bowl with the embossed lid and a bowl of Gerard of Nottingham which I believe is the same formulation but lightly/soapy scented. Cussons acquired Gerard some time in the 1950s. Their bowls are the same as well.

AP1GczPsz9ssuTtbhMOs0_W6uZmOqjcTZ5pJeJkBaFNvZ7DwQ7E20UGM-GrmkvJaaWCjZpdyJ99xA4gmgMEjnYEqsMgcKOxlF9EkutdWednfmpYiQdzHcsJbIqE8mQ2_zJzJFHRBKRF4-2TKiMHhJx8oPOkALQ=w800

Bagged a fresh bottle of Pashana - there has been an ownership change in the last year or two but the juice is very much the same. Glass bottle still, which is nice (same bottle as modern Hai Karate, I noticed) but the nice top has been replaced by a plastic one. Luckily I'd not chucked my last nice bottle and so I have a spare top.

View attachment 119463
View attachment 119464View attachment 119465
Old is Denman
New is Hive of Beauty Limited with Fitch Labs as the EU address (in Dublin)
Paul you could of had my cats wizz bottled for free...

Had many cuts on Monday and Tuesday, and even on Thursday.
Rushed to buy poraso white + green pre cream + arco stick ( for travelling / cheap shaves ) from shaving dot ie - since I'm in Ireland, with super fast delivery.
In time for my 2day growth Saturday shaving with Timeless 0.68 OC SS

2024-04-20-17-48-51-809~3.jpg
some soap from the BST (thanks so much, @CunningMrFox) and a tech from eBay.

I could see the scent of stirling gentleman being divisive but I really like it, thankfully. my wife also approved and said it reminds her of her grandfather which seems to be exactly what they were going for.

like old wood and leather and tobacco but also a nice powdery, classic, gentlemanly scent. it doesn't smell of sandalwood but has that kind of classic vibe to it with the vanilla, amber and musk.

the pictures on the eBay listing of the razor weren't great so I wasn't sure what the condition would be like but I'd say it's well worth the £9 delivered. the base plate is aluminium and has a little bit of tarnish but the handle is perfect.

2024-04-20-17-41-39-679~2.jpg

it came with the plastic box and some slightly rusty blades which was interesting to me.

2024-04-20-17-38-50-227.jpg 2024-04-20-17-40-18-709~2.jpg 2024-04-20-17-41-28-601.jpg 2024-04-20-17-44-29-570~2.jpg
I think it could be 1950s or 1960s based on the box and logo looking similar to this one?

1713634422387.png 1713634834717.png

I have a little trio of techs now. I've been shaving with the 40s handled one for the last three weeks while travelling and getting great shaves so really looking forward to giving this new one a try tomorrow.

2024-04-20-17-47-29-303~3.jpg

View attachment 119592
some soap from the BST (thanks so much, @CunningMrFox) and a tech from eBay.

I could see the scent of stirling gentleman being divisive but I really like it, thankfully. my wife also approved and said it reminds her of her grandfather which seems to be exactly what they were going for.

like old wood and leather and tobacco but also a nice powdery, classic, gentlemanly scent. it doesn't smell of sandalwood but has that kind of classic vibe to it with the vanilla, amber and musk.

the pictures on the eBay listing of the razor weren't great so I wasn't sure what the condition would be like but I'd say it's well worth the £9 delivered. the base plate is aluminium and has a little bit of tarnish but the handle is perfect.

View attachment 119595

it came with the plastic box and some slightly rusty blades which was interesting to me.

View attachment 119597 View attachment 119593 View attachment 119596 View attachment 119594
I think it could be 1950s or 1960s based on the box and logo looking similar to this one?

View attachment 119599 View attachment 119601

I have a little trio of techs now. I've been shaving with the 40s handled one for the last three weeks while travelling and getting great shaves so really looking forward to giving this new one a try tomorrow.

View attachment 119600

The aluminium ball end Tech seems to be an ugly duckling amongst Tech fans, not many seem to like it, with the all brass ball end Tech and the flat bottom Tech both seem to get a lot more love. I might be alone but I think the aluminium ball end Tech is just a fine razor in the shave. I think with the brass top plate and aluminium baseplate it performs a little differently in the shave. I really like both of mine.

The aluminium ball end Tech seems to be an ugly duckling amongst Tech fans, not many seem to like it, with the all brass ball end Tech and the flat bottom Tech both seem to get a lot more love. I might be alone but I think the aluminium ball end Tech is just a fine razor in the shave. I think with the brass top plate and aluminium baseplate it performs a little differently in the shave. I really like both of mine.
Never had an aluminum one, but with a brass cap I think it would be fine.

I would wholly concur ...

The aluminium baseplate brings a different feel to the party. Most enjoyable.

My new Highlander Marine AFC brush. My true first love team.

This time with a 26mm Silksmoke knot. I have wanted another one of these knots as the same as on the Wee Whiskey Barrel which I have always loved. Pearlescent white with sparkly bits in it and a plain black collar. Thank you so much @gile

Chuffed

View attachment 119712

View attachment 119713
You're welcome Chris, thank you for continuous support

Back
Top Bottom