Acquisitions - April 2024

On the subject of blade storage I bought this last month and have been putting them into action recently after applying some Danish oil.
They are only cheap modern drawers with some rough bits but they do have proper wooden drawer bottoms.
They are quite small but will sit nicely in my bathroom.IMG_20240312_151058.jpg

I can get 160 blades per drawer if they remain in 5pack or 10 pack cardboard tucks....
IMG_20240312_152452.jpg
... or 400 if I remove them from the tucks and use an elastic band around some of them (in this case every 10 blades)
IMG_20240312_153907.jpg

I also got this which I haven't actually 'set up' yet (I just put a few bits on here at random for scale and presentation)
IMG_20240312_170920.jpg

On the subject of blade storage I bought this last month and have been putting them into action recently after applying some Danish oil.
They are only cheap modern drawers with some rough bits but they do have proper wooden drawer bottoms.
They are quite small but will sit nicely in my bathroom.View attachment 119133

I can get 160 blades per drawer if they remain in 5pack or 10 pack cardboard tucks....
View attachment 119134
... or 400 if I remove them from the tucks and use an elastic band around some of them (in this case every 10 blades)
View attachment 119135

I also got this which I haven't actually 'set up' yet (I just put a few bits on here at random for scale and presentation)
View attachment 119136
Very nice!

Having been gifted a Semogue brush recently, I’ve “discovered” boar brushes, and of course one is not enough - so ordered one of these the other day…
64A6719B-5B6D-4B3E-B880-8B2982BCD0CB.jpeg…an Omega Pro 49 (it’s quite big isn’t it!) been dunking it and drying it all afternoon, but will do some practice lathers with it tonight, repeat everything tomorrow and probably use it on Saturday! Patience, patience!

Having been gifted a Semogue brush recently, I’ve “discovered” boar brushes, and of course one is not enough - so ordered one of these the other day…
View attachment 119221…an Omega Pro 49 (it’s quite big isn’t it!) been dunking it and drying it all afternoon, but will do some practice lathers with it tonight, repeat everything tomorrow and probably use it on Saturday! Patience, patience!

If you would like something similar but a little different, the Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog (made by Omega) has the same width knot as the Omega 48/49 but with a slightly lower loft.

It's just over £7 at Amazon.

View attachment 119221…an Omega Pro 49 (it’s quite big isn’t it!) been dunking it and drying it all afternoon, but will do some practice lathers with it tonight, repeat everything tomorrow and probably use it on Saturday! Patience, patience!

Swish! I usually find Omega brushes really are good to go from the off. Semogues can take a few latherings to come out a bit. I hope you find the same.

Enjoy!

If you would like something similar but a little different, the Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog (made by Omega) has the same width knot as the Omega 48/49 but with a slightly lower loft. It's just over £7 at Amazon.

Good call @donnie_arko ... at 57mm that's about the same as the 10108 that you gave me. Short loft is indeed nice, particularly as a face musher!

Piggies do like company @Rip my flesh ;)

One of these is about to land:

IMG_0137.jpeg
It’s no secret that my favourite shaver is the DE89/R89 head but I’ve always loved the convenience of a two-piece a la Merkur 34C.

Reluctant to pay the full price of £50, I spotted that Muehle had 20% off the Twist and with a further 10% discount for signing up to their newsletter, I bagged the above for a shade under £36.

The all-brass handle and brass screw post in the top cap should ensure that it lasts a good long while. If only it was an Edwin Jagger it would be razor nirvana for me but hey ho, Muehle it is.

Enabled by @donnie_arko the other day, this GF Wild Hog just arrived ...

AP1GczPZ0s4W6Qu0QAUkGXPXlE_NkcKfSLo36iXxRzLvGIitx0OAVKZOR5eSAAYdrTCFZy9Ez0epbSr9li6M87sbnQQy0uVGghAb2CjOuNC7z-w3zxd_OQCv3qMPpixnB_uN4-EhOr_h9HfWvzjpr26Ig1FEFg=w800

I've just given the brush a test lather and I am sure I'll be very happy with it. Good spring to the bristles!

Previously, I have had a 48 or maybe a 49 and did not like the tall loft. I'd not realised that the Proraso and this one are shorter lofts, so very happy to have found that out. I have a Shave Factory (red) unbleached incoming as well ... same dimensions, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom