Acquisitions - 3rd to the 9th Jan 2011

I only wish i had taken some photos of it while it was still in the showroom, i could have posted them. It is now very wet and not looking it's best. Smells nice inside though. There could be a market for a new soap scent. The smell of new car. :lol:

A new Honda civic si 2.2 diesel. To replace my 06 one of the same. This one is in deep sapphire blue.
Just tried to link a picture off the brochure but it wont load.

I was out and about in Glasgow today as I am still on holiday, I swung by Executive Shaving as I was in the vicinity of their store. It is nice to be able to go buy shaving kit in person, there is almost nowhere in Glasgow to do this these days. I spent an hour in there looking and having a chat, it was cold but sunny so a nice drive and far better than work.

I got some some Truefitt and Hill 1805 Aftershave and shaving cream bought with money given to me at Crimble, I like 1805 a lot and had ran out some time ago; it was nice to have a sniff at it again today and I am looking forward to tomorrows shave. Brian also kindly gave me a cake of Goodfella soap to try (olive oil based so a bit of an unknown area for me) I know that the ingredients list is not what I would normally buy but that is half the fun of trying new things.

Also got a bottle of Tabac talc from eBay.

Audiolab wrote
I was out and about in Glasgow today as I am still on holiday, I swung by Executive Shaving as I was in the vicinity of their store.
Where abouts in Glasgow are they Audiolab usually down that neck of the woods once a month

heroblob said:
A new Honda civic si 2.2 diesel. To replace my 06 one of the same. This one is in deep sapphire blue.

Like this one?
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 04_exterior.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 53
Not far from the Hurrlet, just right off Nitshill road in an industrial estate called "Museum Business park" there is a Museum at the end of the road, hence the name. The estate doesn't show if you look it up but it is about here on Google maps.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&expIds=17259,17315,23628,26761,26849,27520,27847,27955,28155&xhr=t&q=55.811297,-4.361279&cp=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&exp ... a=N&tab=wl</a><!-- m -->

Their full address and phone numbers are on their site, it is not like a retail outlet with all things on display but they will get anything you want out for you to see and you can buy then and there.

I got myself a scuttle and shaving mug from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwarzweisskeramik.de/enindex.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwarzweisskeramik.de/enindex.html</a><!-- m -->

Haven't tried the mug yet but tried the scuttle today and wow it's great with hot lather!

Attachments

• scuttle.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 125
  • mug.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 125
missingskin said:
heroblob said:

Like this one?
[attachment=0]

That's the kiddy, and also in that colour. Previous one was dark grey.

antdad said:
A reasonably priced cased #58 thanks to French blade postal services.

I coloniali soap + Crystal blades.
You'd be surprised at the postal setup I have running here :D I have it all, scales, labels, jiffy bags, ziplocks, tape, parcels, packing chips.. I could run a mail order shop no hassle!

Max

Having read Vinnys osts about abandoning all other soaps in favour of Dr Harris since I joined here I decided to try some so bought some lavender soap in a nice wooden bowl from Executive Shaving. First shave this morning with it and it was very good. The lavender was ver weak in scent which suited me as it's not my usual preference but I have a nearly full uck of Trumers Almond so fancied a change. Thanks Vinny!

Also from Badger and Hones great 15% off sale came this Dovo Red Bismarck straight razor. It feels fantastic in the hand and will be sent off tomorrow to Neil Miller for honing. I was seriously tempted to try it just factory honed but resisted......

5331174303_eb9fb5f093.jpg

5331787160_154dc82845.jpg

WOW!!! Cor blimey Simmo, I have both jealousy and envy all rolled in to one. :mrgreen: They mean different things but I expect both apply here. Having only owned a basic Dovo straight for two weeks and due an impending credit card bill of horrific proportions I am in no position to purchase anything straight or otherwise for many weeks, but I wonder if I can persuade Mrs PC to fork out £100 on my Easter present. :? :(

A cased Aristocrat Junior in what looks to be good condition complete with the card insert. I took a gamble on this set below based upon what I could see of the case. Luckily it paid off this time.

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• aj.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom