Acquisitions - 3rd to the 9th Jan 2011

Arrived in to my desk to find a surprise package from Robert , cheers !
Aqua velva , Menne skin bracer , williams soap some vintage blades and some artisan coffee !!
Most excellent and thanks again Robert !!!

JohnnyO said:
Ids said:
Had a hair cut in The Gentlemans Shop, Hungerford today, pleasant haircut and well it would of been rude not to have bought some Coates Shaving Cream.

It would indeed have been most impolite Ids, and you'd also have missed out on what I'm finding is a really nice cream. In fact, it's so goodly that I'm using it & Sunbury's Greek Artisan soap when I just fancy a change from my MB. Thoswe MB wooden soap containers are gr8 aren't they !

JohnnyO.

The cream doesn't apper to of agreed with me but I want to give it another run, I've been waiting to order some of sunburys finest :eek:

The bowls are good, I've got 3, 1 for the unscented, I'm going to put palmolive in 1 then the other is going to be lime or buckthorn.

Here's mine...

0a7800a5.jpg

81be0825.jpg

The quality and feel of simpsons best grade hair is just amazing. I thought it would be like my ej, how wrong was I.

Chubby 2 in super next me thinks!

A very generous sample of Martin de Candre courtesy of Rev-O. Thanks mate!!! I have just had a shave with it and it certainly lived up to the hype and gave a lovely creamy lather with very little swirling. I had probably my seventh straight shave and I gained new found confidence from that great soap. Or perhaps Ollie had secretly blessed it for me? :p

Dipesh said:
Here's mine...

0a7800a5.jpg

81be0825.jpg

The quality and feel of simpsons best grade hair is just amazing. I thought it would be like my ej, how wrong was I.

Chubby 2 in super next me thinks!

Dipesh

For what it's worth, in my collection for my Shaving Brush Blog I have examples of each of the Simpsons grades. In my opinion, the quality and effectiveness of the Best Badger brushes is so good that I find it impossible to justify spending the extra money on the Super grade. So if you want a Chubby 2, you will be delighted with the Best Badger version.

heroblob said:
A Bright blue knob of pre shave face wash soap from Steve. Wow what a colour. :lol:

I got one of those, too. It's an amazing colour!

I scrubbed the old mush with it, and I can safely say that the smell matches the ultramarine colour – it's certainly a fresh smell. Left my skin feeling really scrubbed and soft afterwards, even if – as warned by Sunbury – that it was a bugger to get lather from.

Will be shaving later, so I'll give it another go as a pre-shave.

Thanks, fella! :D

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom