A winter shaving cream

£11 ain't too bad, I think I can stretch to an extra quid!

Wonder if I can hold of any samples anywhere, though the EJ sandalwood sample is coming tomorrow hopefully to determine if I like the scent.

Valobra almond smells great. I am using the menthol at the mo, but when that starts to get low the lovely, buttery nuttiness of the almond will be next, methinks. Unless I discover something even more sumptuous.

Got my EJ samples this morning, the Sandalwood smells woody as most have described. The cream that is.

The aftershave lotion in the same scent smells a bit weird! I didn't really like it so won't be getting a full size version of that!

Also in the pack was the lime and pomegranates sample, and some menthol cream.

Alot say the Proraso sandalwood scent is more 'subtle' so I could live with it, prefer the aloe vera scent though from the EJ range.

I don't think I'm going to like the sandalwood very much at all!! Smells a bit too strong in my opinion, and I can't see myself getting used to it.

Just got a few of Nanny's samples today. Tried the bamboo & white grape, and found it quite drying. Great smell, and with a bit of work with our hard water, got some nice soft peaks in the lather. Going to try the Warm Spice tester on the weekend. Smells autumnal, rather than Christmassy, which I guess can be problem with some of the spicy stuff??

Re: RE: A winter shaving cream

zygalski said:
Nishy said:
zygalski said:
I like the warmer scents during the Winter.
Things like TOBS avocado, T&H 1805 & GTF coconut are my choices.
I always found TOBS avocado to smell of Cucumber?!
Yeah cucumber & freshly mown grass to my nose.
Yup freshly mown grass agreed. I guess I just get a cooling summer vibe from it YMMV ofcourse

Not had a sniff of it yet, but the description of DR Harris sandalwood sounds nice and warm.

"Alongside the classic Gentleman's fragrance of Sandalwood are exotic and spicy notes of eucalyptus, bergamot, camphor, clove and vetiver, amongst others, all extracted from natural oils."

Ian

Back
Top Bottom