A winter shaving cream

So following on from a thread in another section about "seasonal software rotation" where your shave cream/soap/gel/whatever changes during the seasons, I was wondering what a good winter season shaving cream would be, I use Proraso green which is great during the summer but maybe something else during the colder months that lie ahead...

http://w-soap.co.uk/?product=super-smooth-shaving-soap
http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/category.php?id_category=52

I'm sure Darron and Sharon will have something between them to interest you.

Will consider the Proraso red cos the price for a 150ml is outstanding value. The lather you get is nice and rich too, just the scent might not be to my liking, but as mentioned before someone might want to swap.

The other choice might be EJ's aloe vera, I was sent a sample of it a few months back and I really liked it, great lather and no irritation.

Not tried any of the Taylor of Old Bond Street, Geo Trumper or the Truefitt Hill brands whatever they're called. Does the £10+ price tag really justify the products?

The proraso red smells quite 'incense' like I used it once but didn't get on with the smell so sold it. I much prefer TOBS 'talcy' sandalwood or Trumpers sandalwood soap.

I love the smell of Proraso red! If they'd bring it out in a splash I'd be all over it.

I prefer it by far to Taylor's Sandalwood which, to me, isn't much like sandalwood at all. It goes to show have far YMMV goes in all this.

Re: RE: A winter shaving cream

Count of Undolpho said:
Nishy said:
The proraso red smells quite 'incense' like I used it once but didn't get on with the smell so sold it. I much prefer TOBS 'talcy' sandalwood or Trumpers sandalwood soap.

Incense? that sounds quite appealing.
Yep incense and real sandalwood. Incense being well pronounced.
Burgundy said:
I love the smell of Proraso red! If they'd bring it out in a splash I'd be all over it.

I prefer it by far to Taylor's Sandalwood which, to me, isn't much like sandalwood at all. It goes to show have far YMMV goes in all this.
Totally agree with both your comments. TOBS is definitely not what real incense smells like, or at least from my experience, but as YMMV suggests I much prefer the scent of TOBS.

Burgundy said:

I'd be all over a red splash too. I didn't like the red at first but it grew on me. It's one that I will always keep in stock.

Back
Top Bottom