A winter shaving cream

DPTC said:
Do TOBS do samples by any chance?

Coconut is a possibility, or even avocado!

I think they sell a sample pack. Quite a recent thing for them. It wasn't that cheap if I remember right. The coconut was more like sun cream to my nose. Not as nice as Trumpers coconut.

Anything over a tenner is expensive to me for a shaving cream!! Can't remember if it was TOBS or Geo that was less than £10.

If anyone fancies sending some samples of some suitable scented creams feel free. Not getting on with sandalwood at all.

Haha! If I'm sticking with Wilko £3.99 blades why not!

I'm more wary I might not like it and have paid like over a tenner for a cream I ain't going to use. I know people might want to do swaps and stuff but it'd depend on what they have.

There's a TOBS sample pack I saw for like £6.95, I could get a Proraso tube for a quid less than that!

Proraso is very nice stuff especially the red one. You just need to find a scent of something you like and know. A safe bet like lime, almond, coconut or grapefruit. Either that or take a trip to London and have a smell of them all in the shops round St James. If you ask nicely Trumpers might even send you some samples for free. I'll be buying a sample pack of T&H stuff soon to see what the different scents are like. I did smell them all a while back but not the creams.

Its a shame Proraso only do 3 scents, I tried the protective shaving cream and it smelt a bit weird, but still a good shave. I'm wary of forking out for a full tube of the red, despite people saying its good.

I have the EJ samples of limes and pomegranate, and the sandalwood, which I'm not really liking at the moment.

Almond and coconut sound appealing, so I might see if I can get a sample of one of those somewhere.

Forking out? It's, what, a pint and a half? What do you make of the performance? If it's performing well for you then Proraso's a no brainier. In all honesty, though, use up what you have in stock before buying anything new.

In London its more like a pint! The performance is great, and in the summer the Proraso green is perfect. I'm planning on trying the samples out in the meantime, and deciding what I want to use from November to February when it'll be cold!

Meh, stick with the Ingrams/alcolado combo all year round. Or if i'm feeling a little soft that day, maybe the Tabac will get a go around...

Can't bring myself to touch Sandalwood, unfortunately. Rubs my nose up the wrong way, just like bay rum.

The Bulldog sensitive shaving cream wouldn't be a bad shout for £3.49, I did like it and it lasted 6 months, can use it up in time for when the summer kicks in next year.

So....managed to get hold of a Proraso red sample.....and its not too bad! Maybe cos of the shea butter it kinda takes the sandalwood sting out of it, smells like a perfume but I could definitely live with it! Better tolerated than the Eddie J one anyway, will give it a few shaves and see how we go.

Also in the middle of using an EJ Limes and Pomegranate sample, nice fresh scent, and I prefer this to the sandalwood one, not sure to use as a wintery cream though.

Back
Top Bottom