A motor cycle for a mature gentleman - don't laugh!

1000 k and bike now run in.

Most of the trips are in 40mph speed limits around the forest so a 125cc is just fine. I'm having a 1 to 1 training day this week. Although I have a full licence, I want to revisit the basics.

Having some fun researching the next bike (s) !!!!! Could be another collection coming on Rather like some Triumphs and Royal Enfields at a place not far from here.............

Glad that you are enjoying getting back on your bike so to speak.

I thought that I might have my mid-life crisis this time home, and mentioned to my wife that I would quite fancy doing the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training). She thought that it was a great idea and booked me in for Saturday.

She then got a bit carried away, and long story short I have one of these waiting in the garage for me when I get off the boat.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/125cc/#!/cbf1

I am really excited and can't wait. I too have been lurking about the bikers forums. Lots of good info to be had from the answers to the noob type questions.

Smell The Glove said:
Glad that you are enjoying getting back on your bike so to speak.

I thought that I might have my mid-life crisis this time home, and mentioned to my wife that I would quite fancy doing the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training). She thought that it was a great idea and booked me in for Saturday.

She then got a bit carried away, and long story short I have one of these waiting in the garage for me when I get off the boat.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/125cc/#!/cbf1

I am really excited and can't wait. I too have been lurking about the bikers forums. Lots of good info to be had from the answers to the noob type questions.

Hope you enjoy your training and the motorbike. It is a fantastic way off getting around. I have been riding all my life and still cant get enough of it.

The CBF125 is a great choice. My little Lifan is a copy of the Honda CG125 - it won't last as long but I'll have moved on before I get too many problems.

Graham, I met a fellow in Poole last week sitting alongside his Triumph Boneville. He was 74 and never been without a bike since he was 14.

I'd had to take my Lexus in for a recall. When I picked the car up they had put £25 worth of petrol in and left a bottle of champagne in the car for my inconvemience. Perhaps I'll bring it to the TSR meet.

Fido said:
The CBF125 is a great choice. My little Lifan is a copy of the Honda CG125 - it won't last as long but I'll have moved on before I get too many problems.

Graham, I met a fellow in Poole last week sitting alongside his Triumph Boneville. He was 74 and never been without a bike since he was 14.

I'd had to take my Lexus in for a recall. When I picked the car up they had put £25 worth of petrol in and left a bottle of champagne in the car for my inconvemience. Perhaps I'll bring it to the TSR meet.

I'm in two minds as to come on the bike or train I haven't decided yet, Still got to book a hotel as well.

That is very nice of them to do that for you with reagard the Lexus. If you bring the champagne I'm sure that we will help you go through it.

Had a run out to look at a contender as next bike today. New models have overcome some old faults so it's likely that a new one of these will be in the New Forest by next spring:

Enfield-Bullet500-1990.jpg

Still pottering around on the Lifan. Now over 2000K. 125cc for journeys up to 30 miles avoiding motorways is proving quite fast enough. Not even tried to go above 55mph - which it will. Now very undecided about when I'll move on and what to get if I do. So far, it's been a great success - and I'm hoping for a mild winter with plenty of dry days.

The Bullet is what legends are made off :D I drove a couple when in India and I fell in love with the old model (cast iron tops, like I told you at the meet), be sure to buy without drum brakes though, if you buy a second hand one - those brakes are extremly bad.

I've seen a few of those around, and they certainly look the part. Real vintage bikes aren't such an uncommon sight around here either, maybe because there are a lot of retired engineers in the area. There's an active group of affable eccentrics round here known as the Girder Forks Motorcycle Club - now there's a thought for you, Peter :)

Back
Top Bottom