A motor cycle for a mature gentleman - don't laugh!

I yearn for my BMW Twin 500, which I bought following graduation from university in 1970. I've often thought about buying a new bike, but SWMBO would have my guts for garters if I did even though my life insurance is fully paid up.

Fido said:
Safety or boy's toys concern? I thought about it for many years even though encouraged by my wife. One of the best things I've done since I retired.

I think it's primarily safety related. Auto and truck drivers over here, unlike England, are not attuned to motorcycles on the road. When we're in the UK, which is annually, I notice a big difference between the road behaviour of drivers and riders here and in the UK.

Just got back from enjoying this glorious weather

9224660f29ca053f2aeb2226d3120a13_zps08243098.jpg

Thats a consideration CP.

Our local bs has an 05 plate white one with a few upgrades at 3300 I think.

That.. or an Mt07, XJ6, street triple... I'm pushing 40 with various degrees of athritis so a sports is a non starter lol.

Tests are done on a diversion, feel pretty comfy with that tbh.

Been a long time, but the Scooter is back on the road. 1st the accident, the insurance problems, the repairs, then the resulting mechanical problems.... Now running well( for the last 3days).
Yes, should have taken the money and bought a new one!!

May be the end of the riding season this week. Been having snow and ice, temp tomorrow will be down to -9C. Reports are saying that Northern New York may be getting up to 4ft of snow this week!

Back
Top Bottom