11nd April to 17rd April 2020

Sunday 12th April

Frank Shaving 28mm G4 - Signature Soaps Valentia - Feather AC SS Scotch Wood/Super Pro - Gotas Frescas Agua de Colonia Hombre

No posts for a few days as the long shifts mean I leave and return in the dark.
This was a very nice relaxing 2 pass shave with a great finish. Looking forward to @BrianH splashes when they arrive!

Sun 12th April

Cyril Salter / MS. Ed2band
P & B Spitfire
Occams -Enoch
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash.

I decided that after a great Shave yesterday, I would continue with the Occams family. Today it was the Enoch, which errs towards a DE Shaving angle of attack so takes a bit of getting used to. Actually today I felt more at ease with it, the Shave being smooth and comfortable and the finish better than last time, when I managed to leave some areas a bit scrubby.

IMG_0673.jpg

Sunday AM 2020-04-12
Happy Easter, everyone

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (33/52)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-SB/UFO Colibri
Schick Plus Platinum (11)
Fine Italian Citrus aftershave
b65zp6U.jpg

PS0mkoC.jpg

This will be a quick one! Wonderful Easter Sunday shave filled with nice stuff. What is most important is that everyone is safe and in contact with your neighbours and family.

Please enjoy the time with your immediate family. For those out working because you need to be, thank you for what you do and please stay safe.

Take care, God Bless.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Lather: Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba
Aftershave: Santa Maria del Fiore Lozione Dopo-barba
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
32500C8A-A15D-4530-A6EA-C1B202B6E277.jpeg

SOTD, Happy Easter, went for Pinnacle Grooming The One set and like their other soaps this doesn't disappoint on performance and scent, slick with plenty of cushion, I used a boar knot set in one of my resin handles. While having a tidy up I found a blade punched out for Gibbs from @Boru62 so grabbed this tired battered old Gibbs that took some TLC to get it straight and able to fully open and close, it came without a handle so I made the brass collar and turned a piece of Zebrano wood.

IMG_20200412_184230_065.jpg

My shaving theme on this happy Easter Sunday to one and all was 'Happy bunnies'

IMG_20200411_210044.jpg

Happy - Brass Karve on a C plate
Bunny - Polsilver Lodz
Vibrating - Razorock 400
Rabbit - Signature Soaps Valentia

2nd time out for the Valentia soap and as good as any other Signature Soap. Wonderful fresh scent and less 'give me water' than the Danum. Another great soap in the collection. Only one criticism.. 'Where the Hell is Valentia?'

Karve remains my king of the chin and turns in a lovely performance. Find it awkward to tighten the handle as the blade protrudes quite a bit but believe Karve have a new head which resolves this issue. Bit late for my fingers. I still need to up the aggressive level on the plate at some point but doing a great job at the moment.

Don't like these folk Pat and Tina as they make potentially shiny brass old and decrepit looking. Very much like the owner in this case.

End results are shiny and happy though so I can't winge too much.

Have a great week ahead forum people and stay well and healthy

Japanese ladies? Afraid not. Still Japanese though, have some Crossfaith

Date:- 13 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Promises
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Mon 13th April

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Citra Royale
Occams- Hiram Commander /plate 3
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Finished off the run of my Occams Razors with the heavyweight - The Hiram Commander. It might suit those who like heavier Razors, I find it to be quite tactile and very easy to manoeuvre . Shaves with it are very smooth and comfortable with just the right amount of blade feel, enabling one to assess the progress of the Shave. I find it works very well on the upper parts of the face, but I cannot yet get the quality of finish around the neck/jawline that I get with the Oren. However for me a better Razor than the King Cobra which it has replaced.

IMG_0677.jpg

Back
Top Bottom