Barrister's Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash

DSCF0019 - Edited.jpg

My shaving theme on this happy Easter Sunday to one and all was 'Happy bunnies'

View attachment 53458

Happy - Brass Karve on a C plate
Bunny - Polsilver Lodz
Vibrating - Razorock 400
Rabbit - Signature Soaps Valentia

2nd time out for the Valentia soap and as good as any other Signature Soap. Wonderful fresh scent and less 'give me water' than the Danum. Another great soap in the collection. Only one criticism.. 'Where the Hell is Valentia?'

Karve remains my king of the chin and turns in a lovely performance. Find it awkward to tighten the handle as the blade protrudes quite a bit but believe Karve have a new head which resolves this issue. Bit late for my fingers. I still need to up the aggressive level on the plate at some point but doing a great job at the moment.

Don't like these folk Pat and Tina as they make potentially shiny brass old and decrepit looking. Very much like the owner in this case.

End results are shiny and happy though so I can't winge too much.

Have a great week ahead forum people and stay well and healthy

Japanese ladies? Afraid not. Still Japanese though, have some Crossfaith

Bit of Roman Britain! Argued to be Wales or Valentis Island off Ireland. But I just liked the name!

13/04/20
Pre: 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Mongoose SE B3
Blade: Feather PB (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Crisp & Clear EO Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Balm
Aftershave: CK Be

Wk16 (2).JPG
Its been a while since i have used the Mongoose B3, and today was a reminder that it should be in the rotation more often.
A wonderful lather again from the 1912, today's soap, the Scottish Heather has a nice delicate scent to my nose compared to the more Citrus notes of the Citrus Musk and Classic 24. All the same its very nice, lathers easily and works brilliantly like all of its siblings.
The Mongoose is a real heavyweight, If the PILS is Thor's Hammer, this is Zeus's Sledgey and you could drive in fence posts with it!
He is a big hunk of Stainless Steel and may not be as nimble as the newer Vector or General i have, however, the Shave it delivers is on par, for me anyway.
2 passes WTG & ATG with a little XTG buffing to finish off, Result, BBS again.
All very Nice, Feeling and Smelling good
Stay Safe and Enjoy your Day All

Mon 13th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Slim
Blade Astra SP 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Cucumber Mix
MacaRoot & Aloe Water Gel
Lathering in the bowl using the wet brush with just a smaller than almond size dollop. Add water twice and the result is a creamy thick and slick lather! Beautiful scent too throughout the shave. Shave with this favourite razor paired with my favorite blade is marvelously smooth and sharp...
especially smooth! 3+1 pass
WTG @set9, XTG @set9 & ATG + atg @set7. No weepers nor irritation. Ice water rinse felt very good followed by Special Thayers and top-off by MacaRoot Aloe water gel.
BBS & DFS today! Rating 9.8/10
20200413_111854.jpg
20200413_113623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom