xmas present for dear wife

Some good suggestions here.

Buy her nothing. I've considered this many times given her reaction to the some of the stuff I've bought her in the past.

Buy her wants she asks for is a good one. She wants a memory foam pillow. I'm not sure what that is but I'll check that idea out.

Make Christmas dinner was a good one but I do that anyway. Last years was really nice.

I'll will ignore the diamond suggestion in the same way as I ignored the recommendation that I should buy a Leica M9 camera in an earlier post as it was small and compact. My budget doesn't stretch that far.

I think buy her want she wants was the best idea for Christmas, so memory foam pillow her I come. Its her birthday soon after Christmas so maybe I'll try the eternity ring idea.

Thanks to everyone for contributing.

i've landed lucky this year

she's just had an eye test and is now a speccy 4 eyes so for her birthday and xmas, close together as well, i'm buying her the Gregory Pecks she picked (needs)

just so happens that they're the most expensive vari-focal jobs in the shop :roll:

how romantic's that :cool:

hando said:
Gregory Pecks

Gregory Specs?

D&R

varifocals are invariable extremely expensive. I've been paying through the nose for my glasses the last few years... And I'm still in that phase were my reading eyesight deteriorates, so I could do with new prescriptions every 2-3 years.

I DO have hat-eyes in two strengths for precision work and such (such as fly tying, and tying a fly onto a leader).

Henk

hando said:
i've landed lucky this year

she's just had an eye test and is now a speccy 4 eyes so for her birthday and xmas, close together as well, i'm buying her the Gregory Pecks she picked (needs)

just so happens that they're the most expensive vari-focal jobs in the shop :roll:

how romantic's that :cool:

Let's hope that her improved eyesight does not impare the effectiveness of your Blue Stratos ;)

Women+Christmas Presents = Nightmare. Especially when you ask them what they want and say things like "nothing, really. Surprise me!"

Bugger

Ian

Well we don't bother with anything for each other - it's all for the wee man... although we do get each other something completely ridiculous and less than a tenner. This year I've got her some "daisy egg rings" so she can make pretty daisy-like fried eggs and since we share an Amazon account I know that she's got me a book full of swearing :mrgreen:

He *was* a nasty bit of work, though -- all chummy to my face but doubtless quite the reverse behind my back (obviously I don't *know* that and can't prove it -- but when someone is nice to you it usually means they are doing the dirty on you.)

And he gave me a Futur and he asked after me when I was ill and he posted on Facebook wall and his wife and kids sound lovely.

The bastard!

He only joined this forum coz he's got TWO faces to shave.

Yeah, I hate him. P.I.G. + C.A.T. = R.I.P. :twisted:

(Etc. etc.)

Back
Top Bottom